talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

SingleLifeNoKids365

football forum

22 minutes ago, Toinho said:

The 30s are tough in comparison (age not decade). 

I enjoyed my 30's.. It's only when you get to 40 odd that you start to feel it a bit but even then that's only towards the end.. My ideal age if I could go back in time would be 27-28, everything was falling into place at that age for me.. 

27 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I enjoyed my 30's.. It's only when you get to 40 odd that you start to feel it a bit but even then that's only towards the end.. My ideal age if I could go back in time would be 27-28, everything was falling into place at that age for me.. 

30s are brilliant, but my body feels noticeably different to the 20s, and agree, 26-29 for me was just lovely.

Just had another thing fall through. Girl I dated for a couple months, she had a couple deaths in the family and asked for a break, so I didn't bother her for a few weeks, knowing we'd see each other at a house party last night. 

Wouldn't give me the time of day :( I left after only 2 hours. This is my life, I live in groundhog day when it comes to that scenario. 

• Sad 4

On 20/08/2022 at 21:08, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Just had another thing fall through. Girl I dated for a couple months, she had a couple deaths in the family and asked for a break, so I didn't bother her for a few weeks, knowing we'd see each other at a house party last night. 

Wouldn't give me the time of day :( I left after only 2 hours. This is my life, I live in groundhog day when it comes to that scenario. 

I’m sorry mate, sometimes it isn’t easy. For me the Groundhog Day is once a month being told not pregnant again. How many years have we tried, four? 5% chance of conception according to our doctors. 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Going to join in the sad parade. Just spent a few weeks dating a girl for the first time in ages. Liked her quite a bit. She just got back from holiday and doesn't want to continue. Disappointed but trying to be positive.

Sorry to hear that, mate. :( 

But join the sad parade? What sad parade? 🤨 

• Administrator
11 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Going to join in the sad parade. Just spent a few weeks dating a girl for the first time in ages. Liked her quite a bit. She just got back from holiday and doesn't want to continue. Disappointed but trying to be positive.

Shite that but, to be clichéd, if it's meant to be it's meant to be! 

Did you tell her about this place? If not, perhaps that's where you went wrong :ph34r:?

All jokes aside, keep fishing! 

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Can't remember when I got gazumped as I have been married now for 40 odd years but keep your chin up, there are more fish in the sea, but reading above "She just got back from holiday..." it just might be she met someone else on holiday?, I might be wrong though.

53 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Thanks chaps. I'm alright to be fair. I do need to find a nice girl though.

Join me my friend. How old are you if you don't mind my asking? 

Here are some of the specific lowlights from that night. Turns out after she arrived and the girls had a powwow in the bathroom, she told one of the other single girls there that I was a good lay and that she should take me homexD So as I left I specifically remember this girl (decent sort too), asking me to stay and asking for my jacket, but I was sad so left without thinking twice. Oops. 

Then, my mate who's house party it was (lives 3 blocks away) walked me home. And all coked up he was giving me the "I don't know why you're sad, she's is a hottie ive always wanted to fuck her, if my GF was keen i'd want a threesome " this is after I drunkenly poured my soul out explaining that I was just bummed that another decent and constructive girl the right age had decided against trying a relationship. That I was sick of random hook ups or dating a few months then falling apart, and that I always get left with the bi polar and the anxious/insecure. ect ect. Thanks Adam you fucking plonker hahahaha. 

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

How old are you if you don't mind my asking? 

I'm 29. I know many will say that that's quite young but I've been single for a long time and I'm much more of a relationship person than a hook up/casual person. I've tried the latter but I knew from quite early on that it wasn't for me. Like you said earlier, nowhere near as fulfilling. A lot of my friends in my age group are getting along now, moving in with girlfriends/boyfriends, getting engaged, married, thinking about kids. I'm usually quite good at saying to myself that I shouldn't let other people's lives affect my perspective on my own but it does rub it in somewhat 😅.

This girl I only dated for a few weeks so it's not like it's a horrible break up or anything. To be honest, it's less about her and more that just dating someone again has made me realise how much I'd like to have someone and what I'm missing out on. It's just that having been out of the game for so long, I was in some kind of safe equilibrium, then moved into a hopeful/excited place and then it ended up going nowhere. The aftermath is worse than the equilibrium that came before it but I suppose if I want to get into a proper relationship then I'm going to have to get used to the ups and downs and not retreat to that emotionally safe equilibrium again.

Sorry for ruining your thread @Tommy 😂.

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm 29. I know many will say that that's quite young but I've been single for a long time and I'm much more of a relationship person than a hook up/casual person. I've tried the latter but I knew from quite early on that it wasn't for me. Like you said earlier, nowhere near as fulfilling. A lot of my friends in my age group are getting along now, moving in with girlfriends/boyfriends, getting engaged, married, thinking about kids. I'm usually quite good at saying to myself that I shouldn't let other people's lives affect my perspective on my own but it does rub it in somewhat 😅.

This girl I only dated for a few weeks so it's not like it's a horrible break up or anything. To be honest, it's less about her and more that just dating someone again has made me realise how much I'd like to have someone and what I'm missing out on. It's just that having been out of the game for so long, I was in some kind of safe equilibrium, then moved into a hopeful/excited place and then it ended up going nowhere. The aftermath is worse than the equilibrium that came before it but I suppose if I want to get into a proper relationship then I'm going to have to get used to the ups and downs and not retreat to that emotionally safe equilibrium again.

Sorry for ruining your thread @Tommy 😂.

I'm the same age and that in bold is my exact situation. We dated 6 weeks and it crushed me because it represented this void in my life I can never fill. 

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm the same age and that in bold is my exact situation. We dated 6 weeks and it crushed me because it represented this void in my life I can never fill. 

I feel that. If you want to have that though the last thing you want to be doing is saying you can never have it. It sounds like you've had a few more knock backs than I have lately which I'm not looking forward to if I end up in the same boat. Got to be tough but mustn't give up!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I feel that. If you want to have that though the last thing you want to be doing is saying you can never have it. It sounds like you've had a few more knock backs than I have lately which I'm not looking forward to if I end up in the same boat. Got to be tough but mustn't give up!

I broke up with the first GF that i'd had for over a year earlier this year. Had a few easy lays then dated this girl and got knocked back and it crushed me a bit. 

I am at uni so lots of 18-21 year olds, so no good for relationships really haha.

14 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Chin up mate... 

3 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

" it just might be she met someone else on holiday?, I might be wrong though.

Those were my first thoughts.... Some people get a bit carried away on holiday when they think they have met their dream person after a few drinks it all gets a bit fantasy land and love at first sight type thing.. when the drinks start flowing and all the flash chat is on the go it's easy to get carried away for a week or two but they forget that a holiday is just an escape from the ordinary 9-5 hum drum daily life.. Then it's back to reality.. xD

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Yeah the holiday thing isn't it. I had vibes it was fading a bit before she left. Also she was on a safari holiday with her family in South Africa rather than a boozy girls trip in Ibiza or something so not much chance of meeting someone from back home and quite an ambitious one if she was going for long distance 😅.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
On 26/08/2022 at 21:08, RandoEFC said:

So this is actually 'back on' now and going really well.

I don't know how to quote a post into another thread but happy for @Tommy to do the honours and move this post to the dating and relationships thread if he doesn’t like me ruining this one :ph34r:.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

So this is actually 'back on' now and going really well.

I don't know how to quote a post into another thread but happy for @Tommy to do the honours and move this post to the dating and relationships thread if he doesn’t like me ruining this one :ph34r:.

I'm rooting for you, my friend. What made her change her mind after 2-3 months? 

1 minute ago, Toinho said:

Are you rooting though? If so you may be in the wrong thread?

I'm always rooting for people to find their happiness. Some find it in relationships, in family, some people just do it to "fit in" and because it's what society expects from them. 

I just want everyone to be happy. Singles without kids can be happy too though. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tommy said:

I'm always rooting for people to find their happiness. Some find it in relationships, in family, some people just do it to "fit in" and because it's what society expects from them. 

I just want everyone to be happy. Singles without kids can be happy too though. 

Just realised there may be Aussie English involved with the word rooting…. 

Lovely post though mate but I meant it in a different way. 

• Haha 1