talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

SingleLifeNoKids365

football forum

On 10/10/2022 at 23:54, Toinho said:

Just realised there may be Aussie English involved with the word rooting…. 

Lovely post though mate but I meant it in a different way. 

Once told an Australian colleague I would root through her drawers for some paperwork. She was horrified.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Tommy said:

Drinking on Christmas? Not a problem. No kids you have to play games with in the morning, no one bothering you. 

IjhsrMB.png

Surely you’re drinking and then releasing some potential kids into some tissues though? Otherwise what’s the point of Christmas. 

• Haha 1

On 27/08/2022 at 15:09, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I broke up with the first GF that i'd had for over a year earlier this year. Had a few easy lays then dated this girl and got knocked back and it crushed me a bit. 

I am at uni so lots of 18-21 year olds, so no good for relationships really haha.

some kids in middle school get heart broken after a breakup, you cant expect a relationship longer than 6 weeks if youre under 24-27

5 minutes ago, Bandito Burrito said:

some kids in middle school get heart broken after a breakup, you cant expect a relationship longer than 6 weeks if youre under 24-27

That’s why I met my wife at 19. Probably shouldn’t comment on things you have absolute no idea about because you’re 12.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bandito Burrito said:

most people i know who dated young crashed and burnt at the start or got a divorce at like 35

Under 24-27 you can definitely expect a relationship to last longer than 6 weeks, if you said under 17 I’d have agreed with you though! 

2 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Under 24-27 you can definitely expect a relationship to last longer than 6 weeks, if you said under 17 I’d have agreed with you though! 

Yea 24-27 was a bit old, I should've phrased it differently

People can meet anyone whenever they want, but I see people a bit too young with children, like very young. But if youre financially stable and sure you're with someone you love, then I wont comment

To be fair I do know a fair few people who are already divorced or broke up with their partners from a young age after a fair few years - but the same goes for those who met later, or there’s those who met young and are together. It’s a bit of everything!  Generationally things have probably changed a bit and it wouldn’t be as common now as maybe the generation before me to meet and marry young. Maybe that was the point. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Toinho said:

To be fair I do know a fair few people who are already divorced or broke up with their partners from a young age after a fair few years - but the same goes for those who met later, or there’s those who met young and are together. It’s a bit of everything!  Generationally things have probably changed a bit and it wouldn’t be as common now as maybe the generation before me to meet and marry young. Maybe that was the point. 

It's definitely changed. The digital world has changed everything. 

Even a decade ago, and certainly before, meeting a partner worked like this 

"I'm in high school, hopefully I meet someone nice" 
Then
"I'm in Uni, hopefully I meet someone nice"
If not? Then
"I've entered the workforce, hopefully I meet someone nice"
Then
"Everyone at work sucks, I hope a friend of mine knows someone decent or single, or i'll have to resort to blind dating"

This no longer applies. There are thousands of single people who are 3 or 4 touches of a screen away from you at all times. There is no pressure to marry early, beyond people who go straight from school to uni who want to get a mortgage by 25. There is no longer little dating pools with their own dynamics and hierarchies. It's one big one.  

Maybe it's because I settled before online dating but I just don't feel comfortable with idea of online dating.

Firstly how on earth do you trust someone who more than likely is doing everything in their power to make themselves more appealing than they actually are. In person you get a split second to reply to a question and you can read body language to see if someone is into you. It would be so annoying spending the time to get to like someone only to find within 5 minutes the person you'd been speaking to every night for a week was actually nothing like they'd played it out.

Secondly, this is the key one for me, I'd hate to be messaging someone, thinking all is going well, whilst knowing she's more than likely talking to 10 other guys at the same time.

Nah, not for me. Even if I was born when it went boom I think I'd trust my personality and looks to get me someone I actually meet in person first. 

• Upvote 4