talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

SingleLifeNoKids365

football forum

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

True. I know a few couples who had a kid together, and then things got ugly, because one parent didn't want to deal with the kid stuff and had basically no interest in the child at all, while the other parent was completely disillusioned by that behaviour. 

Yeah, and that's very weird, because I would imagine that the question of "do we want kids and if yes, how many" should be one of the key things to discuss before getting married... 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, and that's very weird, because I would imagine that the question of "do we want kids and if yes, how many" should be one of the key things to discuss before getting married... 

Sometimes it's couples where things aren't going great, so they think a child will fix things. That's a recipe for a double disaster. 😬

8 hours ago, nudge said:

Ideally but I would say a lot of children are born without this conversation due to the miracles of life….aka people not taking care

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Toinho said:

Ideally but I would say a lot of children are born without this conversation due to the miracles of life….aka people not taking care

Oh for sure, and a lot of marriages happen as a result of that too, haha. Sometimes though those miracles of life happen to people who are taking care, too... So yeah, you obviously can't plan for everything, but for me it's kinda important to know that we're roughly on the same page when it comes to things like that in a serious relationship...

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Just now, Bandito Burrito said:

I dont get it

The guy thinks he's cool playing video games, until he realises his friend who he used to play them with, has grown up and grown out of it, and has a son who plays them. Therefore making the first guy rethink his whole future because he likes the same things that a small kid does. 

9 hours ago, Stan said:

The guy thinks he's cool playing video games, until he realises his friend who he used to play them with, has grown up and grown out of it, and has a son who plays them. Therefore making the first guy rethink his whole future because he likes the same things that a small kid does. 

ohh i see

i still like video games, maybe its time to grow out of it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bandito Burrito said:

ohh i see

i still like video games, maybe its time to grow out of it.

You’re what 17? 

There’s no reason to ever stop playing video games. I mean I don’t play many or any at all recently but still have a switch, Xbox etc and have no desire to ever part ways with them!

8 hours ago, Toinho said:

You’re what 17? 

There’s no reason to ever stop playing video games. I mean I don’t play many or any at all recently but still have a switch, Xbox etc and have no desire to ever part ways with them!

Yes 18 in April

I suppose so, but i think at some point in the next few years, i'll un-consciously stop playing video games, i already sort of have

• Subscriber
On 25/01/2023 at 07:30, Bandito Burrito said:

Yes 18 in April

I suppose so, but i think at some point in the next few years, i'll un-consciously stop playing video games, i already sort of have

Im turning 34, engaged, plan on having a kid or two in the short term and still play video games. Dont let anyone tell you or feel pressured into what you can and cannot enjoy with your free time. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Turn them to currency to move on up, what else are they good for??!?

The list is endless... 

The older they get the better value for money if you manipulate the situation wisely.. Look it like an investment for the future, You need to stay ahead of the game though, in their early years they are easily manipulated then as they get older they get wise to your schemes and tricks so you have to keep coming up with new ideas to cover the same ground.. There will come a point though where they cannot be controlled at all and they go feral and get out of control.. however, with a careful well placed long term strategy they will soon come back under your wing... The last part is a gamble though because they can flee the nest at some random time leaving your long term masterplan in tatters..

This is why I had 4 so I could have a fall back plan in the event of disaster... 

• Haha 3

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/01/2023 at 18:44, Viva la FCB said:

Im turning 34, engaged, plan on having a kid or two in the short term and still play video games. Dont let anyone tell you or feel pressured into what you can and cannot enjoy with your free time. 

A lot of the people who insist you need to grow out of video games instead spend their entire weekends watching Netflix, so it's not really something I pay attention to.

• Upvote 3