• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Clutch Players

football forum

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Won the game though? Regardless of what happened after (which isn't the argument anyway).

As @Spike said:

Players that throughout their careers have always been able to grab that winning or equalizing goal when it mattered the most.

Messi did exactly that in that game vs Real and has done similar on numerous occasions throughout his career. 

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Does Teso actually believe he adds something to this place? I've had more fun listening to Adrian Chiles masturbate.

I'm sorry to have to jump in this, but its hilarious seeing him cherry pick any articles or youtube videos to try and prove his points which half the time are discriminatory just because he doesn't like that specific player or team and obsesses over SirBalon, Messi, Barcelona and of course me. Tries to dig up things said in the past to try and make others look bad when in reality no one on here cares.

For years I've been saying he offers nothing to any forum and he always got away with it and obsessing over others so seeing him put in his place is extremely satisfying. I look forward to him respond to this post in some pathetic way, which I probably won't even bother reading.

The sooner he gets banned from here, the better.

I'll sign off from here.

10 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I'm sorry to have to jump in this, but its hilarious seeing him cherry pick any articles or youtube videos to try and prove his points which half the time are discriminatory just because he doesn't like that specific player or team and obsesses over SirBalon, Messi, Barcelona and of course me. Tries to dig up things said in the past to try and make others look bad when in reality no one on here cares.

For years I've been saying he offers nothing to any forum and he always got away with it and obsessing over others so seeing him put in his place is extremely satisfying. I look forward to him respond to this post in some pathetic way, which I probably won't even bother reading.

The sooner he gets banned from here, the better.

I'll sign off from here.

hypgauge2.gif

Messi not clutch? He is bloody human of course he isn't going to get 5/5 every match but he has scored more winners and more cup finals than several players combined.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Messi not clutch? He is bloody human of course he isn't going to get 5/5 every match but he has scored more winners and more cup finals than several players combined.

Messi is clutch.

Other players that come to mind are:

Steven Gerard
Raul
Inzaghi
Klose - Based solely on the amount of World Cup goals he has scored.

Just now, Eco said:

Messi is clutch.

Other players that come to mind are:

Steven Gerard
Raul
Inzaghi
Klose - Based solely on the amount of World Cup goals he has scored.

Gerrard was very prone to fuck ups. More than once he passed the ball to and opposition striker, or slipped over. Yeah. he did show up for a lot of big games though.

14 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Zidane CL: 

He ended with a record of 39 wins, 24 draws, 16 losses, 13 goals and one title

xDthe opposite of clutch. Only player that has lost 5 european cup finals. 

Amazing player but consistently clutch he was not. Had two 'clutch' games in his career but in a way they were the two most important games of his career! Then of course he pissed away that third game because he couldn't contain his salt.

Iniesta > Zidane

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Anton said:

Maybe not finals but when Australia needed him, Tim Cahill used to step up.

Good shout, we haven't had many cup finals with him in the side but if you look at Merseyside derbies, he was our highest scorer in those since Dixie Dean or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived