talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your Favourite Fast-Food Items

football forum

2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:
@Mel81x said: Of course they do especially the onion or mutton ones. Phew, now I am going to go to a shop and get some all this talk of food has made me hungry.
Ditto, we have a chicken Kyiv and some chicken breasts coated in batter in the freezer and I am going to make them shortly with fat chips as this thread, like you, has made me hungry. xD
                                                                                             :P
thumbnail_20210304_132544.thumb.jpg.0f29d3a3574cbef37ec1aa9c8acd82c6.jpg

Chicken Kievs that squirt are the absolute best, nothing better than when the garlic ejaculates onto the chips and rice alongside.

Bit of salt on them chips and that dinner is a winner @CaaC (John)

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Chicken Kievs that squirt are the absolute best, nothing better than when the garlic ejaculates onto the chips and rice alongside.

Bit of salt on them chips and that dinner is a winner @CaaC (John)

Sure did stuck the fork in the Kiev and the garlic squirted everywhere, told the wife will have to get some more Kyiv's. went down well with some white wine after :P :hh:

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Could you eat all 10? I'd say 5 is enough.

Possibly in one sitting, but I'm out and about for work tomorrow so I'm planning to eat them throughout.

Probably going to break the internet here but the traditional meal at the game is chips and a large sausage with curry sauce. 

Not as higher tier as the curry sauce, but chips and gravy is another absolute winner (especially if a pie is added into the mix).

• Administrator

I think it might only be a West Midlands thing, but has anyone ever had battered chips?! 

If you've never heard of them, and can't understand the concept of it, then I had exactly the same reaction as you.

Then I tried them. And they were divine. 

Don't knock it til you try it, lads and ladies.

11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Salt and pepper box from the Chinese/chippy.

Don't eat from places like McDonald's or KFC very much. Have a Dominos or a pizza from a local place now and again

You ever been the Lobster Pot on Whitechapel in town? Fucking amazing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currywurst

Oh yea, forgot about Currywurst. 

f63ab9a3df86be26c37ab49881b0faee.jpg

I have become somewhat of a Currywurst snob though. I mostly only eat it when I make the sauce myself. I worked on my recipe for years. It needs the perfect balance of fruitiness, sourness and spiciness.

Some places in my city sell a Currywurst sauce they should be ashamed of. 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Probably going to break the internet here but the traditional meal at the game is chips and a large sausage with curry sauce. 

Not as higher tier as the curry sauce, but chips and gravy is another absolute winner (especially if a pie is added into the mix).

Not keen on white rice so if the wife makes a curry (sausage, mince) I will have chips instead, love that.

What I do miss goes back to my army days in Germany in the early '70s in camp, you would leave the NAAFI at closing time (23.00) either pissed as a newt or half pissed and outside the NAAFI was a German food wagon and they did a lovely zigeuner schnitzel with white sauce and chips and that what went down well before heading downtown to Dortmund to finish off getting blotto in a German pub.:drunk: 

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

You put pineapple on pizza. Wind your fucking neck in.

I ate pineapple pizza maybe 4-5 times in my life. Over the last years I have become a huge fan of the Italian cuisine, and try to stay true to it. Also they hate it when foreigners mess with their food.

Every time I cook Italian, I imagine an Italian Grandma secretly judging me. 

• Subscriber

I do miss battered rock eel, you can't get that here in my neck of the woods but when I was working in Southend-on-Sea years ago there was nothing like it going to the local chippie and getting battered rock eel and chips.

1902882594_download(4).png.d5824a9a4d6505a156dd33c60de2aee1.png

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Not keen on white rice so if the wife makes a curry (sausage, mince) I will have chips instead, love that.

What I do miss goes back to my army days in Germany in the early '70s in camp, you would leave the NAAFI at closing time (23.00) either pissed as a newt or half pissed and outside the NAAFI was a German food wagon and they did a lovely zigeuner schnitzel with white sauce and chips and that what went down well before heading downtown to Dortmund to finish off getting blotto in a German pub.:drunk: 

Zigeunerschnitzel with white sauce? O.o What kind of blasphemy is that.

11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I ate pineapple pizza maybe 4-5 times in my life. Over the last years I have become a huge fan of the Italian cuisine, and try to stay true to it. Also they hate it when foreigners mess with their food.

Every time I cook Italian, I imagine an Italian Grandma secretly judging me. 

14 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

You put pineapple on pizza. Wind your fucking neck in.

dee330a404b4a82bf0f63be4a806fd80.jpg

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, nudge said:

Zigeunerschnitzel with white sauce? O.o What kind of blasphemy is that.

When you are pissed or half-pissed Zigeunerschnitzel with chips and any sauce goes down well. xD

Actually looking it up I would always say in broken German "Ein curryvurst mit pomme frites bitte" or thereabouts and I can remember some white sauce or maybe mayonnaise on top.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

When you are pissed or half-pissed Zigeunerschnitzel with chips and any sauce goes down well. xD

Actually looking it up I would always say in broken German "Ein curryvurst mit pomme frites bitte" or thereabouts and I can remember some white sauce or maybe mayonnaise on top.

Your German must have been really broken if you ordered a currywurst and were served a Zigeunerschnitzel :4_joy:

Archived