talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your Favourite Fast-Food Items

football forum

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not at all. Literally no point in battering something like that.

Chip cob/butty/roll is perfectly fine as it is. Should not be messed with!

Yea, it looks so greasy. 

I used to love chips in pita bread. :ph34r:

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
14 minutes ago, nudge said:

Wait, you people actually eat chips INSIDE of a sandwich??? xD Weirdos.

No. The sandwich is the chips and bread. It's not chips 'inside' of a sandwich. Weirdo :ph34r:.

It's a British thing :D 

Chip balm and gravy is massive in Manchester. 

Balm cake buttered lay in tray loaded with chips and then gravy. 

Not had one for a long long time but its a really messy affair. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

No. The sandwich is the chips and bread. It's not chips 'inside' of a sandwich. Weirdo :ph34r:.

It's a British thing :D 

Why though? xD I'm seriously struggling to even understand the appeal of fries inside bread! And then there's butter, too? What a greasy mess :D 

3 minutes ago, Devil said:

Chip balm and gravy is massive in Manchester. 

Balm cake buttered lay in tray loaded with chips and then gravy. 

Not had one for a long long time but its a really messy affair. 

Why are British people obsessed with gravy? It's such a boring sauce. :52_fearful:

Just now, nudge said:

Why though? xD I'm seriously struggling to even understand the appeal of fries inside bread! And then there's butter, too? What a greasy mess :D 

Don't knock it until you try it. Chips and bread are actually a good combination IMO. As I said, I use to love chips in a pita sandwich. Then again I kind of have a thing for anything in a sandwich, or a wrap etc. Just something you can take into your hands and bite into. 

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Why are British people obsessed with gravy? It's such a boring sauce. 

Northern chippy gravy is nothing like gravy you'd have eaten. It's thicker and has a completely different taste. 

I absolutely love it. 

Chippy curry is my preference though to be fair. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Don't knock it until you try it. Chips and bread are actually a good combination IMO. As I said, I use to love chips in a pita sandwich. Then again I kind of have a thing for anything in a sandwich, or a wrap etc. Just something you can take into your hands and bite into. 

For me, potatoes and bread just don't really mix well... I can still imagine chips in a pita or gyros wrap when it also contains other ingredients (veggies, meat, etc), but just chips on a buttered bread slices or rolls?... Sounds extremely weird and completely unappetizing to me! It's comfort/drunk food, I take it...

10 minutes ago, nudge said:

For me, potatoes and bread just don't really mix well... I can still imagine chips in a pita or gyros wrap when it also contains other ingredients (veggies, meat, etc), but just chips on a buttered bread slices or rolls?... Sounds extremely weird and completely unappetizing to me! It's comfort/drunk food, I take it...

Original gyros pita from Greece actually contains chips. Along with gyros meat, tomatoes, onions, mustard and ketchup. 

gyros-pita-traditionell-rezept-einfach.j

23 minutes ago, Devil said:

Northern chippy gravy is nothing like gravy you'd have eaten. It's thicker and has a completely different taste. 

I absolutely love it. 

Chippy curry is my preference though to be fair. 

When I lived in England, I only went to Burger King, McDonalds and KFC. Didn't trust you guys with food. Once I went to my then gf's parents. They made Lasagna with mushrooms... dreadful. xD

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Original gyros pita from Greece actually contains chips. Along with gyros meat, tomatoes, onions, mustard and ketchup. 

gyros-pita-traditionell-rezept-einfach.j

I know, that's why I mentioned it xD I have had it and would eat it again.

But you can't possibly compare that to this:

nbfnz1exl8b01.jpg

:35_thinking:

Just now, nudge said:

I know, that's why I mentioned it xD I have had it and would eat it again.

But you can't possibly compare that to this:

nbfnz1exl8b01.jpg

:35_thinking:

Original Gyros is yummy!

Yea, that does look kind of sad. xD British Chips looks weird in general. Kinda bland and dry. :52_fearful:

• Subscriber

Original Gyros is yummy!

Yea, that does look kind of sad. xD British Chips looks weird in general. Kinda bland and dry. :52_fearful:

British chips with salt and malt vinegar are amazing! 

Just now, nudge said:

Also, gyros must have ungodly amounts of tzatziki for me. None of this ketchup and mustard stuff.

"Original" is with mustard and ketchup though. But yea, the European kind is the one I eat most often too though. With Tzatziki and coleslaw (Krautsalat!).

We used to have a really nice Greek takeaway in Düsseldorf. They offered so many kind of different pita breads, different versions of gyros. They closed a few months ago. :( 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

I've tried Chips with vinegar once. Surprisingly not bad.  xD 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

"Original" is with mustard and ketchup though. But yea, the European kind is the one I eat most often too though. With Tzatziki and coleslaw (Krautsalat!).

We used to have a really nice Greek takeaway in Düsseldorf. They offered so many kind of different pita breads, different versions of gyros. They closed a few months ago. :( 

That's it, I'm going to get me some gyros tomorrow xD Definitely with tzatziki though xD I actually never had it with mustard and ketchup... Didn't even know it was a thing!

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

When I lived in England, I only went to Burger King, McDonalds and KFC. Didn't trust you guys with food. Once I went to my then gf's parents. They made Lasagna with mushrooms... dreadful. xD

KFC gravy is different to the type of gravy you'd have on a roast or just any dinner. 

IT'S ALL GRAVY THOUGH B|

17 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Original Gyros is yummy!

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

@nudge beat me to it. Chips from a chippy have to have salt and vinegar added.

And then especially love the crispy bits usually towards the end. 

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

That's it, I'm going to get me some gyros tomorrow xD Definitely with tzatziki though xD I actually never had it with mustard and ketchup... Didn't even know it was a thing!

I never had it until I read it as "original greek" in the menu, so I had to try it. I was very pleasantly surprised. It somehow works. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

KFC gravy is different to the type of gravy you'd have on a roast or just any dinner. 

IT'S ALL GRAVY THOUGH B|

@nudge beat me to it. Chips from a chippy have to have salt and vinegar added.

And then especially love the crispy bits usually towards the end. 

KFC has gravy in the UK? In Germany we just call it (Bratensoße) a sauce you have with a roast or something. Not something I'd add to chips or anything else. :52_fearful:

Here we usually eat them with mayo, and I know that is a controversial subject in itself again, but that's how it is here and I love it. And then there's Joppie Sauce! I think that's from the Dutch. Very good as well!

29 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Honestly people claim our food is crap but if I'm honest I love it. 

I spend most of my life eating Italian, Mexican, Asian food but if I'm 100% honest give me fish and chips by the beach and that is just perfect for me. 

A trip to Blackpool pleasure Beach wouldn't be the same without the chippy tea. 

• Subscriber

I never had it until I read it as "original greek" in the menu, so I had to try it. I was very pleasantly surprised. It somehow works. 

I'll have to see if I can find it. Apparently, it's how they serve it in Northern Greece, while in southern regions they use tzatziki only (if a quick Google search is to be believed, haha). 

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Here we usually eat them with mayo, and I know that is a controversial subject in itself again, but that's how it is here and I love it. And then there's Joppie Sauce! I think that's from the Dutch. Very good as well!

Ketchup or sriracha for me...

One thing I've never tasted but seemed to gain popularity a few years back near where I live, Chips, Cheese and gravy. 

Just seems so wrong on so many different levels to me. 

2 hours ago, Devil said:

One thing I've never tasted but seemed to gain popularity a few years back near where I live, Chips, Cheese and gravy. 

Don't knock it til you've tried it

41 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Don't knock it til you've tried it

I'd give it a whirl because there has to be a reason so many love it. 

Just doesn't sound right together does it. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Devil said:

I've had chips in gravy many a time if the wife is making a spaghetti bolognese and as I don't like spaghetti I will put some chips on top with parmesan cheese, beautiful, the same as a curry, I am not keen on white rice with the curry so I will have it with chips

Bolognese Fries

bolognese5.thumb.jpg.23c538e61bb1186db5e53747f033f77a.jpg

Ingredients

• 800g potatoes, cut into chips
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp dried basil
  • 1 tsp dried rosemary
  • 1 tsp marmite
  • 1 tbsp tomato puree