talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your Favourite Fast-Food Items

football forum

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Toinho said:

Chip butties are amazing 

I love a chip butty, come home from a night out from either the British Legion or Miners Club, go into the chippy and get a fish & chip supper, head home and enjoy the meal with some wine or lagers and any chips left whack them on bread & butter sarni.

download.png.b5e6a5204082d45431614f8c4094329f.png

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
35 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I've had chips in gravy many a time if the wife is making a spaghetti bolognese and as I don't like spaghetti I will put some chips on top with parmesan cheese, beautiful, the same as a curry, I am not keen on white rice with the curry so I will have it with chips

This is like Trigger and his broom in Only Fools.

3 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

I've had chips in gravy many a time if the wife is making a spaghetti bolognese and as I don't like spaghetti I will put some chips on top with parmesan cheese, beautiful, the same as a curry, I am not keen on white rice with the curry so I will have it with chips

Bolognese Fries

bolognese5.thumb.jpg.23c538e61bb1186db5e53747f033f77a.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Ingredients

• 800g potatoes, cut into chips
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp dried basil
  • 1 tsp dried rosemary
  • 1 tsp marmite
  • 1 tbsp tomato puree
  • 250g frozen mince
  • 1 can chopped tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup water
  • Grated cheese to top

So basically you have chips with curry and bolognaise sauce and chips? 

You surely don't have the parmesan cheese on the curry? 

20 hours ago, nudge said:

Why though? xD I'm seriously struggling to even understand the appeal of fries inside bread! And then there's butter, too? What a greasy mess :D 

A chip butty is one of my favourite things.... How can you not like a chip butty??? 

Have you even tried one??? 

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

A chip butty is one of my favourite things.... How can you not like a chip butty??? 

Of course not, last night was the first time I learned that such a thing exists xD Why would I even want to try a bunch of chips inside bread when there are tons of options that sound and look by far more appealing??? Seriously, I can't wrap my head around it xD I even spent good half an hour last night googling pictures of it xD 

15 minutes ago, nudge said:

Of course not, last night was the first time I learned that such a thing exists xD Why would I even want to try a bunch of chips inside bread when there are tons of options that sound and look by far more appealing??? Seriously, I can't wrap my head around it xD I even spent good half an hour last night googling pictures of it xD 

Honestly you don't know what your missing chippy chips inside a well buttered balm cake with tomato ketchup. 

Amazing, only word I can think of for it. 

Of course there are far more attractive and tasty fast food items on the market but to us Brits the chippy is an institution. 

Defo a business that will never die in the UK the traditional chippy. 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, nudge said:

A chip but buttie with red sauce, salt and even some vinegar goes down very, very well :x

18 minutes ago, nudge said:

Me and you are going to be heading for a fallout soon.... xD

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Devil said:

Honestly you don't know what your missing chippy chips inside a well buttered balm cake with tomato ketchup. 

Amazing, only word I can think of for it. 

Of course there are far more attractive and tasty fast food items on the market but to us Brits the chippy is an institution. 

Defo a business that will never die in the UK the traditional chippy. 

2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

A chip but buttie with red sauce, salt and even some vinegar goes down very, very well :x

I'm generally very open-minded when it comes to food, and I get that it's something you all love in the UK, but the combination itself just completely confused the heck out of me xD 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Think of it that way - my reluctance to eat it means more chip butties for you... xD 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Devil said:

Do people count Subway as a fast food item or is it just a jazzy sandwich shop? 

Sandwich is a fast food item by default, no?

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Think of it that way - my reluctance to eat it means more chip butties for you... xD 

When you have lived through the great Potato Famine like @CaaC (John) and myself you tend to appreciate the variety of things you can do with a chip... 

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

33 minutes ago, nudge said:

14 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

12 minutes ago, nudge said:

The beginning of a lover's tiff or she's getting ready to fatten you up @Bluewolf...

3 hours ago, nudge said:

I'm generally very open-minded when it comes to food, and I get that it's something you all love in the UK, but the combination itself just completely confused the heck out of me xD 

And Australia, well Perth maybe! 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Toinho said:

I would guess it’s American in origin, but it’s popular here too.

I had it a few days ago and was thinking that it's the only Australian meal I've ever had, but then wasn't sure if it's even Australian... Then I did some research and found out about carpetbag steak. Want.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

All this thread does is make me hungry, my Burger King order has just arrived, a Bacon Double Burger XL and fries went down very well. :x

thumbnail_20210519_151002.thumb.jpg.845e7f0dd682934b2ce64cccfa2abb00.jpg

No chicken today? xD

• 1 month later...

Archived