talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your Favourite Fast-Food Items

football forum

What are your favorite greasy yucky piles of slop? 

McDonalds mighty muffin (no egg, add a hash brown )
Mighty McMuffin® | Breakfast Menu | McDonald's AU

This bad lad is my favorite McDonalds creation hands down. Take the shithouse poached egg off, add the hashbrown that comes in the meal. Heaven. That breakfast beef is crazy good. 

KFC Bacon and cheese zinger box (supercharged sauce) 
Zinger Bacon & Cheese Burger Box | BOXED MEALS | KFC Australia

This is the holy grail of KFC. I hear over in England KFC use shitty shoestring fries, but not here. Thick dirty chips, dipped in gravy, with a crunchy spicy burger. Gotta get that supercharged sauce to get that zap. 

As for local chains. Sneaky burgers Nashville chicken sambo
Nash Chicken Sambo | The Burger Collective

God tier. The sauce is great, the chicken is otherworldly. 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like any of the chains, but I do like a chicken kebab and if I'm feeling really bad it's an actual donna kebab. 

Obviously have the odd Indian and Chinese but they are rare. 

Pizza is my kryptonite. Fucking hard work turning that down.

Got a lovely local place near me called Popsi's that do the neopolitan wood fired oven style one's. They are definitely my favourite and on that basis, I will be buying my own Pizza oven at some point.

Dominoes is a bit of a grease fest but Pepperoni Passion is my go to from the main chains.

4 hours ago, Devil said:

I don't like any of the chains, but I do like a chicken kebab and if I'm feeling really bad it's an actual donna kebab. 

Obviously have the odd Indian and Chinese but they are rare. 

Mixed Kebab, or mixed snack pack. Outrageously tasty. Do they have snack packs in England? 

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Pizza is my kryptonite. Fucking hard work turning that down.

Got a lovely local place near me called Popsi's that do the neopolitan wood fired oven style one's. They are definitely my favourite and on that basis, I will be buying my own Pizza oven at some point.

Dominoes is a bit of a grease fest but Pepperoni Passion is my go to from the main chains.

Pizza is the satisfying apocalypse of high GI carbs and saturated fat. Can be personalized to any flavor profile, including sweet, spicy, Italian or even BBQ meat. Pizza is likely the top fast food item ever invented. 

Personally I find that the better the pizza, the less toppings you need, but the same also goes for woeful pizza. It's like a bell curve. 

Dominos you gotta go cheese pizza, peperoni, or Hawaiian. Minimalist
At more mid range joints you want supreme or something fancy with a mayo swirl. 
When you're top of the chain, you go back to just cheese pizza with gremolata.  

Not sure if the menu is the same all around the world. But here in Germany, hands down, by far, my favourite fast food thing is the "Double Steakhouse" from Burger King. 

Double-Steakhouse.png

Still prefer a good Döner Kebab over anything else though. 

• Administrator

At KFC it's a bucket (no drumsticks) or a boneless banquet. 

McDonald's it's the chicken selects with sweet chilli sauce. 

I love chicken on a pizza so if we're doing a 'make your own' it'd have that, some bacon, peppers, extra cheese and some herbs. 

37 minutes ago, Stan said:

McDonald's it's the chicken selects with sweet chilli sauce.

5 Chicken Selects with Sweet Chilli Sauce and 20 Chicken Nuggets is the order of people who are God's Amongst Men. An absolute winner of a fast food order. 

XL Bacon Double Cheese (Burger King) and a 16'' Meteor (Dominos) are also elite winners but the king of fast food will always be Subway. I could inject their sandwiches into my veins.

• Administrator

I do like Subway but often always go for same/similar. Always get it with cheese, toasted and usually have a chicken filling with bbq and mayo sauce, some lettuce and some cucumber. It shouldn't make sense but it does. 

4 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Mixed Kebab, or mixed snack pack. Outrageously tasty. Do they have snack packs in England? 

Don't know what a mixed snack pack actually is.

What's in it?

• The title was changed to Your Favorite Fast-Food Items

I generally get the kids a Mcdonald's at least once a week but I've not ate from there for about 2 years. 

It just feels like wasted calories if you ask me because it just doesn't fill me. 

Reading back through the thread someone mentioned Italian BMT, now I've got to say a Subway sandwich I don't consider a takeaway and I do enjoy an Italian BMT myself. 

It has to have southwest sauce on it though. 

2 hours ago, Devil said:

Don't know what a mixed snack pack actually is.

What's in it?

A snack pack is deep fried chips, with melted cheese, kebab meat (mixed in this case) and a selection of sauces. Generally bbq, chili, and garlic sauce. 
Tabbouleh and onion are optional too. It's a disgustingly greasy slice of heaven  

Celebrating the Great Australian Tradition of Meat in a Box - The New York  Times

Halal Snack Packs: The deliciously open-minded food trend taking off

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, nudge said:

Banh mi

I love a good Banh MI.

As for me there are some which are local and I dont have pics

• Deep Fried mussels with hot sauce from a local chain in Goa
  • Shawarma from the Lebanese restaurant up the street
  • Paratha Rolls from Kahn Saheb
  • Dahi Puri from one of the local vendors out here (pic below)

image1-min-2-500x500.jpeg

I do the occasional eat out at the regular fast food chains but the ones above are my guilty pleasure. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Bahn mi is great if crunchy and delicious enough. 

No Banh Mi tastes as good as the ones from the street food carts sold by old ladies, with all the dodgy cuts and pate of unknown origin, pickled veggies, mysterious sauces and whatnot 😂

• The title was changed to Your Favourite Fast-Food Items

Archived