talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2020/21 - 5-6th March, 2021

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10/10 performance from Warnock this evening. Several comments and meme photos for the archive.

I admire Swansea's style of play but they have been incredibly fortunate at times this season. Steve Cooper was very smart by getting on the referee's backs very early on this season. They're pathetic at this level and easily manipulated even without a crowd.

35 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Mike Riley shouldn't be in that position full stop. It's been conclusive for years that more problems have arisen since he's been in that position. 

Problems always start from poor leadership from the top.

He was a poor ref himself.

30 minutes ago, Cazza said:

As a foreigner, why would he be fined he spoke with passion but nothing offensive or derogatory?

Over here you can't call ref's out on any controversy or mistakes because when the truth hurts, the FA get all bent out of shape. They are very protective of their referee's.

So to protect officials, they threaten fines for managers who appear to make 'suggestive comments' that can be interpreted as derogatory one's to keep them in line 

There get's to a point now, some managers feel so censorised that they don't bother having an opinion nowadays but with Warnock, you know he'll have his say regardless.

16 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Over here you can't call ref's out on any controversy or mistakes because when the truth hurts, the FA get all bent out of shape. They are very protective of their referee's.

So to protect officials, they threaten fines for managers who appear to make derogatory comments to keep them in line.

There get's to a point now, some managers feel censorised that they don't bother having an opinion nowadays but with Warnock, you know he'll have his say regardless.

Warnock used to be a qualified referee as well so its always great to hear his point of view.

18 minutes ago, YrksGunner said:

Warnock used to be a qualified referee as well so its always great to hear his point of view.

He wound me up when he was in charge of us and I've lost count of the amount of times I've enjoyed seeing him lose his shit when against us but....the bugger still reels me in.

I hate that I like him but I can't help it.

He's so compelling. Forget Mourinho on Amazon Prime. This is brilliant TV.

3 minutes ago, YrksGunner said:

Yeh seen that, brilliant watch 👍🏻

Love how he hustled his Sheffield Utd team at ten pin bowling as well 🤣

Haha yes.

The best bit for me is definitely the Millwall away segment (from 24:35)

Textbook Warnock at his finest.

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Was then when he lost it over Kevin Muscat?

Yeah. 

Kept moaning at the ref's decisions because they were in London, Muscat smacked Paddy Kenny in the eye, and then he fired them up and they win the game.

Arms round Millwall players at FT giving it the 'serves you right for Muscat that'.

Watch any game Swansea play this season and you’re very likely to see a deserved red card that the ref hasn’t given. Their style of play is what it is but they don’t get nearly as punished for it as they should do cos refs just wanna let the game flow, but it’s impossible to flow when that’s not how Swansea play.

Its frustrating as a promotion rival but all we can do is carry on as we are and pick up points where we can.

One thing nearly every Championship fan can agree on though is if Swansea go up this will be one of the worst Premier League sides going. They do very little on the ball and would get punished big time for it up there.

19 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yeah. 

Kept moaning at the ref's decisions because they were in London, Muscat smacked Paddy Kenny in the eye, and then he fired them up and they win the game.

Arms round Millwall players at FT giving it the 'serves you right for Muscat that'.

They don't make them like Kevin Muscat any more.

He riled up Ian Wright once by putting on a Scottish accent so Ian Wright squared the ball to him across goal thinking it was Dougie Freedman xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived