talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Phil Foden vs Mason Mount

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other than the fact he's a blue technically Foden is fantastic, he's being handled brilliantly as well. 

If only United had the same luxury with Greenwood, we could afford him game time in the games that will suit him and allow him to grow as a senior player instead of running the kid into the ground and destroying his confidence. Foden plays two or three and sits out a couple and he's allowed game time when the opposition suits with the odd element of trust in certain big fixtures. 

The fans say one thing but the managers say another, Mount is the first name on the team sheet for any club he plays for and that speaks volumes.

The Euro side will be built around him and we know that. Foden also top class of course, the ceiling for him looks limitless; don’t really want to compare them, just wish we had our own up and coming English talent pains me to see Calvert-Lewin now.

15 minutes ago, DNA said:

The fans say one thing but the managers say another, Mount is the first name on the team sheet for any club he plays for and that speaks volumes.

The Euro side will be built around him and we know that. Foden also top class of course, the ceiling for him looks limitless; don’t really want to compare them, just wish we had our own up and coming English talent pains me to see Calvert-Lewin now.

You paid over 20 million for Brewster, surely he's got to fall in that bracket at that price? :35_thinking:

Although Mount is a real talent, I would have to choose the younger Foden over Mount. Foden is just a class act and the complete all round midfielder in my opinion. If he is not already world class, he will be considered so soon.

10 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Depends. I'd rather have Foden has a wide attacker or attacking midfielder but if I need more a normal centre mid or a box-to-box player I'd go for Mount.

Ultimately, this. They’re players with different roles so it’s not as easy as a comparison between say Ederson and Allison, for example. 

1 hour ago, DNA said:

Mount is the first name Southgate says, even when he’s asked questions about literally any other player in the squad. That to me speaks volumes, but not about how good Mount is xD

1 hour ago, Devil said:

You paid over 20 million for Brewster, surely he's got to fall in that bracket at that price? :35_thinking:

We pay 40k and a snickers bar for wages, the transfer fee is always the easiest part, 100 year instalments and appearance triggers.

Good to see him doing well, proper diamond in the rough.. was shocking in the academy. 

6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Mount is the first name Southgate says, even when he’s asked questions about literally any other player in the squad. That to me speaks volumes, but not about how good Mount is xD

Yea, he does have that teachers pet vibe, proper middle class kid, probably why he’s so hated by football fans. Same happened with the Lampard & Gerrard stuff ‘to an extent’, football classism, Foden looks like he’s literally been pulled from some estate in Manchester, thick accent bit vulgar outside of football with his antics etc, Mount had a sheltered life.

Both top players and as stated before, thankfully operate different areas of the pitch anyway; just hope we can get our act together with Southgate for the Euro’s.

Better argument would be Foden vs Sancho or Foden vs Grealish/Maddison. Mount I don't consider an attacking player, more of a traditional box to box and probably the best one England have. 

Also, put Foden in our team, he would struggle. 

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

England finally have a really good group of young players, the next few world cups are going to be interesting! 

The defence is crap mate, we've got a ton of forwards but defensively we will get found out. 

Just now, Devil said:

The defence is crap mate, we've got a ton of forwards but defensively we will get found out. 

Think the fullbacks are alright but it's a bit weak at CB, Stones has had a great season so far but needs to prove he's consistent  ..how's Maguire been playing lately? 

1 minute ago, Devil said:

Essentially why Southgate has opted for the 343. Offers a lot of protection for the back line, but as you stated, you have an abundance of attacking talent too good to be ignored. 

Pickford

Stones-----Dier---Maguire

TAA--------------Rice------Mount------------Shaw

Foden--------------Sterling

Kane

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Essentially why Southgate has opted for the 343. Offers a lot of protection for the back line, but as you stated, you have an abundance of attacking talent too good to be ignored. 

Pickford

Stones-----Dier---Maguire

TAA--------------Rice------Mount------------Shaw

Foden--------------Sterling

Kane

3 man defence put Saka ahead of Shaw, 4 man defence stick Shaw in at left back

8 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Think the fullbacks are alright but it's a bit weak at CB, Stones has had a great season so far but needs to prove he's consistent  ..how's Maguire been playing lately

:219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

We both know you know full well!!

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

:4_joy: i only watch City mate, football is like my 4th favourite sport so don't have time or interest to watch anyone else on less we are playing them

Rugby league.....

And what else??

6 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

RL, heavy weight boxing, NFL, football  ..ironically i support the original red devils in Rugby :4_joy: 

Football and boxing for me mainly but given my cousins all love rugby league I've watched a fair bit over the years and enjoy that as well. 

Think Sale Sharks are the best!! Come on bite sucker!!

Archived