talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Phil Foden vs Mason Mount

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mount also played well last season and this season. So far he's been more consistent over a longer period even so they are early into their careers. Foden is in a much better developed side.

Mount for me, but Foden has been improving.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Mount but on the whole England were pretty shit. Whoa this really is going to be the Lampard v Gerrard of this era, isn’t it?

One wonders if Mount will ever take a pay cut. 

Mount shouldn't even be the CAM. It should be Maddison or Foden. 

This should be England's lineup

Pope

Walker---Stones---Maguire---Shaw

Rice

Maddison-----Mount

Sterling----------------------------Grealish

Kane

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Probably when he moves to the MLS

Would be great if he's offered more money there, rejects it, stays at Chelsea, earns the same/more. Then he can claim he's taken a pay cut :D

25 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Mount shouldn't even be the CAM. It should be Maddison or Foden. 

This should be England's lineup

Pope

Walker---Stones---Maguire---Shaw

Rice

Maddison-----Mount

Sterling----------------------------Grealish

Kane

I'm generally gobsmacked people leave Sterling out of the 11 as if he wasn't our best player behind Kane at the last tournament. He was phenomenal and adds something to our wings that really no one else does

47 minutes ago, Danny said:

I'm generally gobsmacked people leave Sterling out of the 11 as if he wasn't our best player behind Kane at the last tournament. He was phenomenal and adds something to our wings that really no one else does

Apart from one goal from open play vs Panama, weren't all Kanes goals penalties? 

1 hour ago, Danny said:

I don’t think Sterling was our next best player after Kane?

34 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He was one of England's better players for sure. He was still getting loads of shit from the Daily Mail readers who follow England though

29 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

He was one of England's better players for sure. He was still getting loads of shit from the Daily Mail readers who follow England though

Yeah, I don't think he was bad or anything. And he probably was the second best attacker in an England team that probably exceeded most peoples' expectations - but I just don't think he was England's second best player.

Tbh that was probably Maguire or Pickford, dickheads that they are.

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He was massively, and I’m not even sure he scored, which makes it even wilder, but if you watch the games back (honestly, why would anyone want to do that) he phenomenal off the ball and was arguably our most important player within that system

sterling has to score for me to consider him, a player that consistently gets 20+ for club also consistently fails for england. can’t rely on kane’s penalties and lucky free kicks from trippier forever

• Subscriber

Kane's World Cup was really weird. You can't really argue with golden boot winner, but three penalties, one of them a pot shot that hit him and flew in, then the two against Tunisia (which you would have to say was his biggest contribution really), I don't think he was outstanding. Sterling didn't score once I don't think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived