Arsenal - WWLDW

Last 3 Meetings
13/12/2020 - Arsenal 0-1 Burnley
02/02/2020 - Burnley 0-0 Arsenal
17/08/2019 - Arsenal 2-1 Burnley

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's matchday and already awake, 12 games of the season to go so might as well try and finish the season well.

Burnley at Turf Moor always a tough game but if we play with a good tempo and move ball quick then I am confident we come away with the three points.

• Administrator

Early goal for Arsenal! Aubameyang cuts in and shot is too powerful for Pope. Should be doing better there. Lowton should defend it better, too. 

How has Saka missed that, it's on the edge of the six yard box! I've just returned home and only been watching 5 minutes or so and there's two massive chances that Arsenal have missed (Aubamayang should have scored a few minutes ago). 

If this continues, Burnley could be in for a cricket score.

26 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

How has Saka missed that, it's on the edge of the six yard box! I've just returned home and only been watching 5 minutes or so and there's two massive chances that Arsenal have missed (Aubamayang should have scored a few minutes ago). 

If this continues, Burnley could be in for a cricket score.

aaaaaand Burnley score xD Xhaka wants shooting for that, abysmal ballplay. For those that haven't seen it - immense banter.

Bad mistake from Xhaka, don't see how the commentator can blame the keeper, he's following the style of play in which Arteta wants to play. Xhaka could have kicked it first time or hit it slightly behind him in a diagonal way to give the ball to someone else

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Bad mistake from Xhaka, don't see how the commentator can blame the keeper, he's following the style of play in which Arteta wants to play. Xhaka could have kicked it first time or hit it slightly behind him in a diagonal way to give the ball to someone else

Cos it was McManaman and he's a shit pundit/co-commentator. 

• Administrator

That's not Leno's fault. 

Xhaka should pass it first time to Luiz. Doesn't need to take a touch and get pushed back further towards his own goal. 

Should have been out of sight but Xhaka the self proclaimed playmaker gifts another goal to opposition.

When I look at how to improve a team, I look at our players and see if any team above us would sign them and Xhaka fits that bill perfectly.

Nobody would want him so hopefully in summer he is top of list to be shipped out and bring in better.

Onto second half.

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

You'd think Lacazette won't be able to carry on with the way he was screaming in agony there a few times... 

Imagine growing up watching your dad do that on tele, I'd never let him hear the end of it

Arsenal heading for another midtable finish, makes you wonder what they'll do with Arteta in the Summer. I don't think he's got a pool of great players, a lot of average in there, but they need to recruit good players responsibly to start competing with the top 6 again.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived