• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Burnley 1-1 Arsenal - Saturday 6th March, 2021

football forum

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Danny said:

Arsenal heading for another midtable finish, makes you wonder what they'll do with Arteta in the Summer. I don't think he's got a pool of great players, a lot of average in there, but they need to recruit good players responsibly to start competing with the top 6 again.

He has 2 or 3 players on over 200k a week! there are not many mid table teams with that kind of budget.  Arteta keeps on playing players who let him down time after time, so its on his on head why we do not win games by these mistake.

Xhaka is shocking he is like a 1 foot robot, he is so slow and so robotic with his movement, he continues to let the team down by stupid mistakes.  

4 minutes ago, Panna King said:

He has 2 or 3 players on over 200k a week! there are not many mid table teams with that kind of budget.  Arteta keeps on playing players who let him down time after time, so its on his on head why we do not win games by these mistake.

Xhaka is shocking he is like a 1 foot robot, he is so slow and so robotic with his movement, he continues to let the team down by stupid mistakes.  

It's confusing because it looks like they're trying to save money yet they signed Pepe for £80m and have now brought in Willian and David Luiz.

I felt sure they were gonna give this you know.

I mean accidental the first time, fair enough but the second time?

No excuses. I'd be livid. You have to throw that over to the referee to at least decide.

FB_IMG_1615040890316.thumb.jpg.a91d91ca6b4e590d6f66fc59669cd2ac.jpg

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

It's confusing because it looks like they're trying to save money yet they signed Pepe for £80m and have now brought in Willian and David Luiz.

You would think they would've learnt from Ozil but now they have Auba and Willian on stupid money for 3 years.  The club now in controlled by agents and clueless people in positions of recruitment. 

Just now, Panna King said:

You would think they would've learnt from Ozil but now they have Auba and Willian on stupid money for 3 years. 

Auba was the one deal I understand, he's carried Arsenal since joining and will probably score 20+ goals this season. The others though...

• Administrator

Premier League/PGMOL have said proximity but it there's nothing to define that (and I don't know if that should be a thing or how that would work without more lines) it's always down to interpretation of any ref on any given day. Which is where the downfall is. 

Bertrand had one against Wolves given against him because he was a bit further away. 

So how far away is too far, or not far enough? 

• Administrator

Also, have to add, proximity shouldn't be a thing in this scenario. His hand is outstretched and blocks it purposely. It should have been a penalty. 

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

Premier League/PGMOL have said proximity but it there's nothing to define that (and I don't know if that should be a thing or how that would work without more lines) it's always down to interpretation of any ref on any given day. Which is where the downfall is. 

Bertrand had one against Wolves given against him because he was a bit further away. 

So how far away is too far, or not far enough? 

Plus defenders know about the proximity ruling so when close leave their arms out on purpose to make themselves bigger knowing it won't get called because refs are weak to give it.

We should have won today by 3 or 4 goals but poor finishing and of course Xhaka's mistake killed us again.

Really hopeful of a clear out in summer and bring a few more in, were apparently in for 5 or 6 already so hopefully they can be done deals straight away so Arteta has full pre season to work with them.

7 hours ago, Danny said:

Bad mistake from Xhaka, don't see how the commentator can blame the keeper,

Keepers error all day long for me... 3 Burnley players pressing and he passes a hopeless ball to Xhaka who has nowhere to go with it... Keeper should have hoofed it upfield 

Unlucky equaliser but can't believe we didn't win this. Not just because of the handball which should've resulted in a penalty for us but we also wasted great opportunities to score.

18 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Keepers error all day long for me... 3 Burnley players pressing and he passes a hopeless ball to Xhaka who has nowhere to go with it... Keeper should have hoofed it upfield 

Even when under pressure, players are told not to kick it away so the team can keep possession. It's more trouble than it's worth in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Even when under pressure, players are told not to kick it away so the team can keep possession. It's more trouble than it's worth in my opinion.

Keeping possession I understand, no point in hoofing a long ball with a 50/50 chance of losing it to the opposition but common sense would have said let's not piss about in our own area with 3 Burnley players so close... clearly better to lose possession half way up the pitch than right in front of their own goal... I would have hoofed first and answered the bosses questions later.. xD

54 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Xhaka wanted it though like he always does and then proved straight away why he is not very popular with the Arsenal fans by making another error, the mistakes from him are bad enough but main reason I am not a fan of him is he slows our play down so much that by time he decides on what to do next opposition are set up and kills our attacks.

3 minutes ago, YrksGunner said:

Xhaka wanted it thought like he always does and then proved straight away why he is not very popular with the Arsenal fans by making another error,

Then if the bloke is prone to making repeated errors you would again have to question why the keeper would pass him the ball in such a dangerous situation 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Then if the bloke is prone to making repeated errors you would again have to question why the keeper would pass him the ball in such a dangerous situation 

100% I blame both but Xhaka could have done anything but what he did, even just hoof it over top of him and out for a throw in.

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Because they're a team, and you have to trust your teammates and the managers system or the whole fucking thing collapses? 
Of course the fucking England/Chelski fan doesn't understand teamwork. 

"You just put the 11 best players on the pitch and pray to god right?"

8 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Ridiculous

I think a part of the problem now is that the Refs are more concerned about their PGMOL raiting than crowd pressure. I don't see how with the crowd on their back the decision would be made not to give a penalty. It'll only get worse if their raiting determines their bonuses. 

• The topic was unpinned

Must admit had to laugh, Lacazette screaming is everything that is wrong with football at moment.

He was up and running fine a minute later so was obviously trying to get ref to book/send off opponent.

Big fan of Lacazette but that for me was poor.

• Administrator

Just seen that too xD . Nice they can have a joke about it. They'll get stick for it though just because people love to moan and like to be miserable all their lives. 

Archived