talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Burnley 1-1 Arsenal - Saturday 6th March, 2021

football forum

• Subscriber

That Lacazette scream absolutely pathetic. Another example of how big a joke they've let the sport become - another blatant bit of cheating (the screams at being touched) that has had absolutely nothing done about it.

That particular one though might be the most pathetic I've ever seen. Should either be forced to be subbed or booked if he plays on.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
16 hours ago, Lucas said:

I felt sure they were gonna give this you know.

I mean accidental the first time, fair enough but the second time?

No excuses. I'd be livid. You have to throw that over to the referee to at least decide.

FB_IMG_1615040890316.thumb.jpg.a91d91ca6b4e590d6f66fc59669cd2ac.jpg

Literally nobody including the officials know the rules anymore. The whole thing has been making it up as they go along right from the off. There are too many daft calls to assume that the correct ones were anything more than lucky guesses.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Someone should make a list of all the absurd refereeing decisions this season

I fail to believe there are any humans who would be able to complete this before dying.

14 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Keepers error all day long for me... 3 Burnley players pressing and he passes a hopeless ball to Xhaka who has nowhere to go with it... Keeper should have hoofed it upfield 

It comes down to style of play and that’s how they want Leno playing. Xhaka didn’t give the ball away cos he was under pressure, he gave the ball away cos the pass was pants

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Keepers error all day long for me... 3 Burnley players pressing and he passes a hopeless ball to Xhaka who has nowhere to go with it... Keeper should have hoofed it upfield 

I think Leno does the right thing for the style of play they've probably trained with all the time. It's a pretty simple ball to control for Xhaka for a first time pass out wide to Luiz. The moment he takes a touch back towards his own goal he's already in trouble. But that can be stopped if gives an easy first time ball. I don't think it's a hopeless ball at all.

A very simple pass is on here from Xhaka. Even if he mishits it and it doesn't land on Luiz's feet, Odegaard (?) is still there to collect the ball. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think Leno does the right thing for the style of play they've probably trained with all the time. It's a pretty simple ball to control for Xhaka for a first time pass out wide to Luiz. The moment he takes a touch back towards his own goal he's already in trouble. But that can be stopped if gives an easy first time ball. I don't think it's a hopeless ball at all.

A very simple pass is on here from Xhaka. Even if he mishits it and it doesn't land on Luiz's feet, Odegaard (?) is still there to collect the ball. 

Not even just first time, if he takes the touch then he just has to look up and pass it to the left of Wood instead of straight at him

16 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Because they're a team, and you have to trust your teammates and the managers system or the whole fucking thing collapses? 
Of course the fucking England/Chelski fan doesn't understand teamwork. 

"You just put the 11 best players on the pitch and pray to god right?"

2 hours ago, Danny said:

It comes down to style of play and that’s how they want Leno playing. Xhaka didn’t give the ball away cos he was under pressure, he gave the ball away cos the pass was pants

2 hours ago, Stan said:

xD

If the style of play concedes a goal because the keeper passes the ball to a player that according to Arsenal fans is error prone while 3 Burnley players were hanging around like hyenas putting pressure on then it might be time to reconsider when you do and don't play the ball from the back... Still, teamwork makes the dreamwork and all that.. At least that style of play got a goal, shame it was at the wrong end.. B|

6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

xD

If the style of play concedes a goal because the keeper passes the ball to a player that according to Arsenal fans is error prone while 3 Burnley players were hanging around like hyenas putting pressure on then it might be time to reconsider when you do and don't play the ball from the back... Still, teamwork makes the dreamwork and all that.. At least that style of play got a goal, shame it was at the wrong end.. B|

The pass to Xhaka was fine, Xhaka wasn’t about to lose the ball, he just had to either play it first time or look where he was passing

11 minutes ago, Danny said:

The pass to Xhaka was fine, Xhaka wasn’t about to lose the ball, he just had to either play it first time or look where he was passing

I am moving on mate... I gave my opinion but was not expecting it to turn into a 2 day marathon... xD We shall all have to agree to disagree on the subject

• Administrator
Just now, Bluewolf said:

xD

Are you ignoring the rest of what was said? 

Can't see how anyone believes the goal was Leno's fault, Xhaka made an absolute mess of that situation. He'll have a good run though and people will clamour over him, I just don't think we go anywhere with him as a first choice midfielder. 

8 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Can't see how anyone believes the goal was Leno's fault, Xhaka made an absolute mess of that situation. He'll have a good run though and people will clamour over him, I just don't think we go anywhere with him as a first choice midfielder. 

Xhaka is another player we need to shift out as soon as possible, he has now made 8 mistakes that have led to direct goals, the highest by far than any other player in the league.  You do have to blame Arteta though for playing him every week and constantly he lets the team down apart from a few good games now and then.  Its not good enough at this level, he never learns he is the in the same mould as a Mustafi. 

The mistake was Xhakas all day long, yes Leno could've gone long but the way Arsenal play out the easy pass was on to Xhaka, surely they are doing this in training everyday??  Xhaka could have easy put the ball anywhere out of danger if he felt no one else was on but it shows the guy is brain dead, to try a pass along the goal is a thing that you learn not to do at school boy football, worrying thing also he looked up twice before playing the ball and saw the opposition player there both times. 

Archived