talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheff Utd 0-2 Southampton - Saturday 6th March, 2021

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 15.00

Live on Sky Sports

220px-Sheffield_United_FC_logo.svg.png       VS      1200px-FC_Southampton.svg.png

Recent Form
Sheff Utd - WLLLW
Southampton - LLDLW

Last 3 Meetings
13/12/2020 - Southampton 3-0 Sheff Utd
26/07/2020 - Southampton 3-1 Sheff Utd
14/09/2019 - Sheff Utd 0-1 Southampton

• The title was changed to Sheff Utd 0-2 Southampton - Saturday 6th March, 2021
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Ward-Prowse penalty in first half.

Che Adams comes on for Danny Ings and has already scored. A goal which sounds pretty spectacular according to BT Sport...

News before this game was we’re looking at bringing in a director of football for recruitment, turning Wilder from a manager to a ‘coach’; possibly had a negative impact here after a good result against Villa.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, DNA said:

News before this game was we’re looking at bringing in a director of football for recruitment, turning Wilder from a manager to a ‘coach’; possibly had a negative impact here after a good result against Villa.

On the whole, Wilder's signings have not been up to scratch for the Premier League. So I can see why this approach is being considered/taken, however the timing is abysmal and if I was being a cynic, I'd say this is designed to gently 'push' him out the door rather than fire him and deal with fan fury. 

11 minutes ago, Batard said:

On the whole, Wilder's signings have not been up to scratch for the Premier League. So I can see why this approach is being considered/taken, however the timing is abysmal and if I was being a cynic, I'd say this is designed to gently 'push' him out the door rather than fire him and deal with fan fury. 

Yea, you might be right, it would make more sense if we were staying in the Premier league but since we’re going down, it doesn’t seem all that necessary anyway as Wilder’s signings in the football league have been generally alright. At this level we’ve got them all wrong and you can’t do that unless you’re like every other PL club and have a billionaire at the helm, our guys worth £200m.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived