talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aston Villa 0-0 Wolves - Saturday 6th March, 2021

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 17.30

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Aston_Villa_FC_crest_(2016).svg.p       VS     1200px-Wolverhampton_Wanderers.svg.png

Recent Form
Aston Villa - LWLDW
Wolves - LDWWL

Last 3 Meetings
12/12/2020 - Wolves 0-1 Aston Villa
27/06/2020 - Aston Villa 0-1 Wolves
10/11/2019 - Wolves 2-1 Aston Villa

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Villa have looked the more likely to score, hitting the bar twice without reward is hard to take. Hoping from an Everton point of view that Wolves win this as even though Villa are a few points behind now, I think they've got enough in them to mount a charge at the business end of the season. When you consider that they were in the Championship two minutes ago, you have to applaud the work that Smith and the board have done. 

Thought Wolves would have done better than they have this season, they just seem a bit flat.

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

The year is 2025. @Mpache is selling music merch and hasn't released any music, @...Dan is a millionaire by trading virtual crypto cards, @Whiskey is now PG and called Ribena, @DeadLinesman has six children and@Rab still had a suits avatar.

Wolves are still 0 - 0 at half time.

Joke doesn't work dude, I have released 3 songs so far. Try again next time.

• The title was changed to Aston Villa 0-0 Wolves - Saturday 6th March, 2021
1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

Villa have looked the more likely to score, hitting the bar twice without reward is hard to take. Hoping from an Everton point of view that Wolves win this as even though Villa are a few points behind now, I think they've got enough in them to mount a charge at the business end of the season. When you consider that they were in the Championship two minutes ago, you have to applaud the work that Smith and the board have done. 

Thought Wolves would have done better than they have this season, they just seem a bit flat.

840-B62-EB-93-FA-49-A6-BE3-A-123-DCBEB7-

^ Same games played last season. It’s good.... but It’s been done before, without world class Grealish, without a £52m wage budget and without a billionaire owner. B|

Ended up putting out garden lights so missed the second half, looked as though I made the right choice. 

Off topic slightly, but just to put on record that xG is laughable and so is anyone that gives it the time of day.

16 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Ended up putting out garden lights so missed the second half, looked as though I made the right choice. 

Off topic slightly, but just to put on record that xG is laughable and so is anyone that gives it the time of day.

I think for football recruitment there's something to it. Brentford are a great example of this with their successful recruitment. Brighton however show what can happen you don't consider the underlying causes behind the data. They have so many creative players that cause good xG but nobody who can finish. That's where having a good coach like Ancelotti at Everton comes in. The difference between Calvert-Lewin of now to two seasons ago is that he tries to score with his first touch.

The teams that intepret the data the best are the three most successful in the league over the last five years (Liverpool, City and Leicester).

36 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

How did that work out for you?

Not bragging mate, just bit odd to see such praise for Villa, my post all in context with the other, context is a wonderful thing you know.

1 hour ago, DNA said:

840-B62-EB-93-FA-49-A6-BE3-A-123-DCBEB7-

^ Same games played last season. It’s good.... but It’s been done before, without world class Grealish, without a £52m wage budget and without a billionaire owner. B|

First season syndrome, happened with Hull and look at them now. Last season's Sheffield United was always going to be a one in a million.

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You're a professional musician the same way that online COD gamers are professional soldiers and slags on instagram are professional models. 

That's not what we're talking about though, but shoehorn your opinion in dude.

21 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

First season syndrome, happened with Hull and look at them now. Last season's Sheffield United was always going to be a one in a million.

What Villa are doing this season should be expected with the wage budget, signings and ambition of the owners. I appreciate you can have your 2 cents on Smith but let’s not get carried away, not to mention only here today due to a bad VAR call.

We’re a well drilled side that built a perfect culture and had everyone firing for that season, if only ‘first season syndrome’ was so common hey, most of the yo-yo clubs over the years could only dream of having it. We’ll take what we can get quite frankly. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

I see the Midlands Moreirense are out there stinking out the gaff again. Wolves have gone from an exciting side who could hurt anybody to the single dullest team in the division.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think for football recruitment there's something to it. Brentford are a great example of this with their successful recruitment. Brighton however show what can happen you don't consider the underlying causes behind the data. They have so many creative players that cause good xG but nobody who can finish. That's where having a good coach like Ancelotti at Everton comes in. The difference between Calvert-Lewin of now to two seasons ago is that he tries to score with his first touch.

The teams that intepret the data the best are the three most successful in the league over the last five years (Liverpool, City and Leicester).

You listen to a particular podcast that I do. Happens to have a fan of your club presenting it.

Archived