• Administrator

Kick-off 20.00

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.p      VS      image.png

Recent Form
Brighton - LLDLD
Leicester - DLLWD

Last 3 Meetings
10/02/2021 - Leicester 1-0 Brighton (FA Cup)
13/12/2020 - Leicester 3-0 Brighton
23/06/2020 - Leicester 0-0 Brighton

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We've got a really good record against Brighton since coming up - they've not beaten us since actually.

I just don't quite know how I feel about this. I've put a draw but I feel like Brighton's wastefulness has become such a meme at this point that they're bound to click and beat someone comfortably soon, would be typical if it was tomorrow.

Problem is I think for top 4 purposes we need to win this game. Midweek was bad for us. Burnley wasn't a disaster but I think to draw that we'd need to win the next two and the other results in midweek have only turned the pressure up on us.

I'd sooner play a youth player and retain a back 4 than switch to 5 at the back. It's ghastly.

• Subscriber

Schmeichel

Amartey - Fofana - Soyuncu

Ricardo - Tavares - Ndidi - Tielemans - Castagne

Iheanacho - Vardy

Changes in bold

I'm happier with it than the other nights team and very intrigued to see how Tavares gets on, been on the fringes a little while now, but I do wish we could play a back four. I'd have probably dropped Amartey there and put in either Under or Albrighton.

• Administrator

Excited to see what Tavares can offer. Has only made 'cameo' appearances so far.

Fofana back gives me a bit more confidence as it means Ndidi doesn't defend there and can actually do the job he's best at just in front of the defence.

There's enough there to beat this Brighton side, hopefully.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Oh ffs are you lot going to choke again?

I think so :( :(

I'd be more worried if this dip in form continues after we've had a proper break/get some good players back... 

I've been dissapointed with Leicester, was looking forward to seeing them back in the swing of things with Ndidi back but they've been shite, could be 2-0 down had Maupay been onside.

That said, only takes one win to bounce back. If they can nick something here they're right back in the race.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Oh ffs are you lot going to choke again?

I've little doubt now. Unless we can somehow turn this around I think top 4 is going for us.

There's a degree of inevitability about it. It's not quite last years choke, but it's not a reputation you want.

Just now, Dan said:

I've little doubt now. Unless we can somehow turn this around I think top 4 is going for us.

There's a degree of inevitability about it. It's not quite last years choke, but it's not a reputation you want.

Well, all the other teams seem on a mission to miss out. You have the best midfield duo of the teams competing and at some point your players will return to full fitness. It still feels realistic with the amount of football left to play.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

You can't really moan. Imagine telling telling a version of you six years ago what journey you're about to embark on.

I can moan because the standards have increased and along with that, expectations and quality in our squad. Having said that I don't (and won't) ever forget where we were barely 6 years ago :)

• Subscriber

That for me feels like a turning point. After such a crap first half that was the perfect reaction. No surprise at all we look ten times as good when he changed to a back four.

Biggest win of the season for me. Was genuinely worried we'd miss out on Europe completely at half time, but what a reaction.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived