• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brighton 1-2 Leicester City - Saturday 6th March, 2021

football forum

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stan said:

I can moan because the standards have increased and along with that, expectations and quality in our squad. Having said that I don't (and won't) ever forget where we were barely 6 years ago :)

You noticed how the only person that liked your post hasn't had a moment to get excited about in his lifetime?

Think his team may have got an FA Cup Semi final once, but that's it.

Seeing a lot of sympathy from pundits towards Brighton being unlucky. Letting Kalechi Iheanacho score two in two against you is not unlucky, letting your rivals score two goals with two touches is not unlucky, missing two penalties against a soon to be relegated side is not unlucky. There are fundamental problems they need to work on if they're to progress next season.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
5 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Seeing a lot of sympathy from pundits towards Brighton being unlucky. Letting Kalechi Iheanacho score two in two against you is not unlucky, letting your rivals score two goals with two touches is not unlucky, missing two penalties against a soon to be relegated side is not unlucky. There are fundamental problems they need to work on if they're to progress next season.

They weren't that unlucky today. They were 1-0 up, were up against a knackered, very weakened Leicester side and still completely bottled it. We were there for the taking and as per usual, they didn't, and the longer it went on the more I thought we looked the likely winners anyway, so I'm not having any of that about them for this game. Don't forget just before we scored we were denied an extremely suspect penalty as well.

They are the most spineless team in the division. I actually think they could be the ones to drop after all. You can be unlucky but this has gone on for far too long now. That wasn't bad luck. They had us on the ropes and completely blew it.

Also, a bit of respect on Kele please. He's a nightmare as a lone forward (for us, not the opposition) but in a partnership he's turned out decent time and time again in my opinion. I'm quite happy with him as an option - even if we do need another. Two fantastic finishes from him this week.

Archived