Kick-off 12.00

Live on Amazon Prime

1200px-West_Bromwich_Albion.svg.png      VS     image.png

Recent Form
West Brom - LWDDL
Newcastle - DLLWL

Last 3 Meetings
12/12/2020 - Newcastle 2-1 West Brom
03/03/2020 - West Brom 2-3 Newcastle (FA Cup)
28/04/2018 - Newcastle 0-1 West Brom

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would this be fair to say it's West Brom's last throw of the dice this season?

I know a lot of games are must win's at this stage but...this is an absolute must win of all must win's or it's game over IMO for Big Sam.

Win and the gap is 6pts. 

Lose and the gap is 12pts

Draw and the gap remains 9pts

(Worth considering WBA are miles behind in goal difference too so there is a virtual point to add in all three scenarios)

• Administrator

Everything points to a West Brom win given Newcastle's woes this week but you can just also somehow think it's a game where Newcastle could shithouse a 1-0 win xD 

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

Would this be fair to say it's West Brom's last throw of the dice this season?

I know a lot of games are must win's at this stage but...this is an absolute must win of all must win's or it's game over IMO for Big Sam.

Win and the gap is 6pts. 

Lose and the gap is 12pts

Draw and the gap remains 9pts

(Worth considering WBA are miles behind in goal difference too so there is a virtual point to add in all three scenarios)

It likely matters psychologically. When it comes to points focus should entirely be on end total. Win or lose the amount of points needed to stay up is probably the same.

Newcastle will win this, we literally created nothing against them midweek and still won 1-0, West Brom are an appalling side. Diagne I must say impressed me (I think he could get a move to a relegation fighting/promotion team next year) but beyond that it's total dross. 

Don't think there will be a bucket load of goals mind, but would be really concerned if Newcastle can't get over the line here.

On another subject, anyone think Sam might resign before the end of the season to protect his "never been relegated" stat?

Doesn't take a genius to work out why West Brom are in the relegation places, they've been absolutely pants up front despite creating a couple of half chances. 

Based on how football can be, you'd be looking at a last minute Newcastle win here.

I mean, Fulham should really be kicking themselves that they haven't got more points on the board at this stage watching this.

If they had, you'd fancy them to see these two off because quite frankly, both are incredibly poor. It's been exactly what we feared.

Granted Newcastle are missing 3 players that would change their attack pretty drastically so the onus should be on WBA, but there is no quality on that pitch.

If WBA score late, its coming from a set piece.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

This was one of the most nailed on 0-0s of the season right? 

Really hard to watch that, hoping Fulham get out of relegation so that these two can flush. The standard of that game does not belong in the top flight.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Really hard to watch that, hoping Fulham get out of relegation so that these two can flush. The standard of that game does not belong in the top flight.

With how accessible football has been this year I've watched a fuck load of it. But even then I wasn't bothering with that game today. Made a roast instead. 

18 minutes ago, Lucas said:

That is definitely loser talk.

Especially when you have Scott Parker who is the polar opposite, talking about going to Liverpool to win. Bruce would go there to keep the score down the daft cunt.

12 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Especially when you have Scott Parker who is the polar opposite, talking about going to Liverpool to win. Bruce would go there to keep the score down the daft cunt.

Panic stations now mate.

I think you're destined to be going Craven Cottage on the last day needing something.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived