talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Brom 0-0 Newcastle - Sunday 7th March, 2021

football forum

Just now, Lucas said:

Panic stations now mate.

I think you're destined to be going Craven Cottage on the last day needing something.

Looks so yes. I've been saying for a couple of weeks now we need 8 points from Wolves (h), West Brom (a), Villa (h), Brighton (a) to give ourselves a chance of avoiding a show down. We've got 2 points from 2 of those so it's still on but let's be honest we aren't going to win the next 2 to get that 8. If it ends up 5 points or less then we are going to need to get points off the top sides.

If we lose both then I reckon we might not even get the chance to win at Craven Cottage to stay up.

Our fixtures are horrid. 

McClaren did this. He didn't get 3 pts in the winnable games, then it's too late. Once you get nearer the end the football changes. You can't psychologically go out there and play anymore, like the luxury you have in January and February. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Looks so yes. I've been saying for a couple of weeks now we need 8 points from Wolves (h), West Brom (a), Villa (h), Brighton (a) to give ourselves a chance of avoiding a show down. We've got 2 points from 2 of those so it's still on but let's be honest we aren't going to win the next 2 to get that 8. If it ends up 5 points or less then we are going to need to get points off the top sides.

If we lose both then I reckon we might not even get the chance to win at Craven Cottage to stay up.

Our fixtures are horrid. 

McClaren did this. He didn't get 3 pts in the winnable games, then it's too late. Once you get nearer the end the football changes. You can't psychologically go out there and play anymore, like the luxury you have in January and February. 

I agree with your outlook. It would annoy me trying to play safe on the basis Fulham don't get results. That's how it looks.

The only positive I would give you is we do tend to get some pretty extraordinary results in April. 

Funny things do happen. You never know.

32 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I agree with your outlook. It would annoy me trying to play safe on the basis Fulham don't get results. That's how it looks.

The only positive I would give you is we do tend to get some pretty extraordinary results in April. 

Funny things do happen. You never know.

It's a classic case of a club in denial getting sucked in.

As we fell into decline Bruce played it down, 12 teams in the same position he said, then 8 teams, then 5 teams. Then yeah but Brighton. Then he played down Fulham's ability to get points.

Have we gone into todays game expecting Fulham to lose to Liverpool? Looks it.

And Bruce doesn't even know our own form. We've won 1 in 6 and lost 3. 

He actually said after that "keep the run going"

That would give us 36 points. Sums us up, hoping someone else does worse rather than us trying to do better.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived