talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 0-1 Fulham - Sunday 7th March, 2021

football forum

Liverpool are generally in control here, but there's acres of space in behind the back line. If Fulham had a bit more composure they could have been 2-0 up here (though should have started 1-0 up due to Scott Parker's phenomenal dress sense). 

Nearly a worldie from Shaqiri there mind, just a touch too high. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

This commentator keeps mentioning 'nervous tension around Anfield' as if there's 50,000 fans there

The commentators basically live in a different world, where the fake fan noises aren’t pumped in by a computer.

I’m pretty sure I’ve eaten pieces of toast with a higher IQ than the collective IQ of most premier league commentators/pundits 

1 minute ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Its gonna be near impossible to recover from this season, mentally more than anything, Klopp’s time is coming to an end i can feel it in my bones.

Definitely getting to the point that you can't just write it off as a ridiculous injury-hit season. We should be so much better than this

6 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Its gonna be near impossible to recover from this season, mentally more than anything, Klopp’s time is coming to an end i can feel it in my bones.

I think this is a bit much, but we do need a fair few fresh legs in the summer to compete. Klopp has to look at the squad with a more ruthless eye, because his loyalty to players is what has us sitting with Origi and Ox on the bench. Two players who offer the square root of fuck all. 

Klopp really doesn’t help the chase for top four playing that back line either, it’s an absolute mess. Davies wondering what the fuck he has done wrong not to get in over Rhys Williams. Putting all our eggs in the Champions League basket is a bit mad as well. Do we really have a better chance of winning the CL than we do getting in the top four? Do we fuck. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Anyone who has lost to us this season doesn’t belong in the league tbh

Anyone who has lost to Fulham at home should be shut down. 

Oh wait. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

I think this is a bit much, but we do need a fair few fresh legs in the summer to compete. 

Klopp really doesn’t help the chase for top four playing that back line either, it’s an absolute mess. Davies wondering what the fuck he has done wrong not to get in over Rhys Williams. 

I also think some of the players that have failed us this season probably need to be shifted on. Origi, Oxlade-Chamberlain, and Keita don’t really offer much at all, tbh. Sort of living off previous seasons, imo - if you can’t help us when we need help the most, I don’t know if you should still be in the squad.

I’d consider selling Thiago too, but: 1) he probably should get a chance playing in a Liverpool side that’s not broken and shite, 2) who the fuck would sign him after this season where he’s shown absolutely nothing?

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Anyone who has lost to Fulham at home should be shut down. 

Oh wait. 

We’ve been so shit for so long, you might just about be the only person on here surprised we look dogshit and that Fulham are probably going to win xD

Origi, Ox, Matip all need to go and be replaced with a first choice forward, a couple of centre backs, Central Midfielder (though I think Keita will end up staying) & a decent back up right back.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We’ve been so shit for so long, you might just about be the only person on here surprised we look dogshit and that Fulham are probably going to win xD

Haha!

Probably said the same against Sheff Utd and you were fine then :ph34r:

Anyway, I know you've got your valid reasons for looking dogshit but I just think you've still got enough quality in the side to overcome a relegation-threatened side. But then again, you get some weird results at this time of the season where they tend to pick up some form they should have showed earlier in the season. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Origi, Ox, Matip all need to go and be replaced with a first choice forward, a couple of centre backs, Central Midfielder (though I think Keita will end up staying) & a decent back up right back.

I think Matip will stay because he doesn’t have much time left on his contract and is always injured so idk if a club will want to spend money on him.

He also has contributed this season unlike the Origis & Oxs of the squad.

Just now, Stan said:

Haha!

Probably said the same against Sheff Utd and you were fine then :ph34r:

Anyway, I know you've got your valid reasons for looking dogshit but I just think you've still got enough quality in the side to overcome a relegation-threatened side. But then again, you get some weird results at this time of the season where they tend to pick up some form they should have showed earlier in the season. 

Tbf Sheffield United are without a doubt the worst side in the league this season.

I genuinely don’t think we have the quality to overcome this result. This is a piss poor backline, tbh - 2 of them are championship standard at best, the other CB... I don’t think would even cut it in League Two.

I was honestly surprised we were doing as well as we ended up doing earlier this season. I said pretty early on, there was loads of evidence the wheels would rapidly fall off this season and nobody was having any of it xD - the fact we were in the top 4 for so long is sort of a damning indictment of the quality in the league this season.

Jota almost scores!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived