Last 3 Meetings
12/12/2020 - Everton 1-0 Chelsea
08/03/2020 - Chelsea 4-0 Everton
07/12/2019 - Everton 3-1 Chelsea

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Iwobi just loses Alonso completely there. Avoidable but not undeserved. Eventually we're going to have to offer more in these games.

I have too look again, but I think it was Holgate who was caught out of position. 

Anyway, that Everton right side has been very shaky defensively.F

Just found it on Twitter. I think Iwobi is where he is supposed and it's Holgate who failed there.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

I have too look again, but I think it was Holgate who was caught out of position. 

Anyway, that Everton right side has been very shaky defensively.

Yeah Holgate followed his man out of position but that's not unusual and it's Alonso, who Iwobi should be tracking, that got free. He made it back until he was level with the defenders but just let him drop into the space in the channel.

We've not been too bad. Similar story where we accept that we're not going to dominate possession but when we do it we try and use it better. Hasn't come off yet. We need more than Doucoure, who apparently has a fractured foot so could miss the rest of the season, to bring some pace to the midfield.

Just now, Cicero said:

Havertz has come alive tonight. Finally looking like the player he was at Bayer. Mount on for CHO. Finally the front three I've wanted to see since we appointed Tuchel. 

Werner----Havertz

Mount

I was just going to comment on that, seems like a different player from what we have seen so far... playing with confidence

• Subscriber

Outplayed. Games like this highlight our remaining squad issues. Lack of pace in midfield stops us putting effective pressure on the ball because it just leaves huge gaps without the recovery pace. Also need a right back who can provide an attacking threat.

With those problems it really takes flawless organisation for 90 minutes and a bit of luck to go with it to get anything from games like this. We've managed to thread the needle more times this season than you'd expect but not tonight.

• The title was changed to Chelsea 2-0 Everton - Monday 8th March, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived