• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 2-0 Everton - Monday 8th March, 2021

football forum

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Pickford done well there to deny Werner (again) and Kante.

15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Christ, did Zouma just tear his other ACL? :(

13 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

False alarm on Zouma thankfully.. 

Might not be. Looked very, very awkward and painful! 

Pereira played on for us and all looked fine. Next thing we know he's out for 9 months...

• The title was changed to Chelsea 2-0 Everton - Monday 8th March, 2021

I tip my hat to Tuchel. He's come in and built a solid foundation within a matter of weeks Organised, disciplined, and progressive. I did say these next 4 games would make or break him. Atletico, United, Liverpool, and Everton. 3 wins and 1 draw. 0 goals conceded. Matter of fact, only 2 goals conceded so far under Tuchel, one being an own goal and the other a penalty. 

Havertz MOTM. Hopefully our new ST moving forward. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I tip my hat to Tuchel. He's come in and built a solid foundation within a matter of weeks Organised, disciplined, and progressive. I did say these next 4 games would make or break him. Atletico, United, Liverpool, and Everton. 3 wins and 1 draw. 0 goals conceded. Matter of fact, only 2 goals conceded so far under Tuchel, one being an own goal and the other a penalty. 

Havertz MOTM. Hopefully our new ST moving forward. 

Didn't watch the game. He's not on the score sheet, so what did he do?

• Subscriber

Frustrating but one to take on the chin and move on. No hope of finishing above these.

If there's one positive from a team perspective I've seen plenty of Everton sides end up shopping 3, 4 or 5 in games like that when we pretty much get swept away but we kept our heads tonight and preserved some confidence.

Got to beat Burnley on Saturday though. 

Just now, God is Haaland said:

Didn't watch the game. He's not on the score sheet, so what did he do?

Technically scored twice but the first was given as an OG and the other he handled as he tried to control it. Was very dynamic all around. Turned into creator and focal point numerous times with the free role. Can see him being our ST moving forward as Tuchel alluded to earlier last week. 

Nice being able to bring on Kante, Mount and Pulisic as subs. 

In hindsight it would have been mental to expect that Chelsea could have not gotten too 4 with such an outrageously strong squad - it's arguably the 2nd strongest in the league.

9 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He's a gift that keeps on giving. Again, I remind you, I never said he'd be dogshit, I just said he flattered to deceive in Germany, and that he'd not be worth the 55 mil you paid. 
Instead he's decided he's not worth 55 cents and a can of coke. 

Brighton should sign him. 

He’s an xG-scoring machine.

• Subscriber

Happy with this result personally. I think Chelsea will stroll a top 4 place regardless whilst Everton are more likely to need points in games like this one. I actually think Chelsea will end up finishing 2nd. Tuchel's made a superb impact. There's very little to fault with them so far. The game at home to Chelsea for us that got Lampard sacked was as simple a 3 points as we've had this season. They look a totally different team to that.

14 hours ago, Inverted said:

Nice being able to bring on Kante, Mount and Pulisic as subs. 

In hindsight it would have been mental to expect that Chelsea could have not gotten too 4 with such an outrageously strong squad - it's arguably the 2nd strongest in the league.

I don't understand. Did you mean "to the top 4"?

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Cicero said:

If Timo Werner shot Tupac he’d be 49 today.

15 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

If Bamford shot at Tupac he'd be 49 today.

Who's next

• The topic was unpinned

Archived