The better place to talk football.

Polar Night

football forum

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mpache said:

Beautiful video of the European Arctic.

@nudge I recommend you sub to this bloke, great drone footage of obscure areas.

Has anyone been to Tromso and the likes?

Yes, I've done quite a bit of travelling around Norway. Tromso I actually thought was one of the poorer places in the country, the absolute beauties are Geiranger, Honningsvag and my favourite, Flam.

Just now, Whiskey said:

Yes, I've done quite a bit of travelling around Norway. Tromso I actually thought was one of the poorer places in the country, the absolute beauties are Geiranger, Honningsvag and my favourite, Flam.

I want to go to the Lofoten archipelago. Based off that video, it is absolutely wonderful. An easy-ish trip to a place like Norway/Iceland could be in the works for me to get me back in the groove post-COVID.

5 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I want to go to the Lofoten archipelago. Based off that video, it is absolutely wonderful. An easy-ish trip to a place like Norway/Iceland could be in the works for me to get me back in the groove post-COVID.

Yep, would recommend you do so if you haven't been already. I'm only 27 but could retire there no problem in my old age - nowhere like it on Earth. 

Just thinking about it now Bodo and Olden are too other lovely places in Norway, Trondheim too (though that is more built up).

1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

Yep, would recommend you do so if you haven't been already. I'm only 27 but could retire there no problem in my old age - nowhere like it on Earth. 

Just thinking about it now Bodo and Olden are too other lovely places in Norway, Trondheim too (though that is more built up).

I've actually been to the arctic once, but on the Canadian side. Got to see the native Inuit part of it, now it's just the European part left to see.

Archived