talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Looking For A Scottish Club To Support

football forum

15 minutes ago, Pugwash said:

It was better before it was redeveloped imo.

Can't say I'd ever been in the main stand, but there is something aesthetically pleasing about the stadium now that it is the same level all the way around (and no one has a pillar right in front of them).

tynecastle-1.jpg

tynecastle_header.jpg

Just got to love the steepness of those stands behind the goals. Maybe not walking down them after a few, and the genuine fear you are about to fall down about 10 steps...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Can't say I'd ever been in the main stand, but there is something aesthetically pleasing about the stadium now that it is the same level all the way around (and no one has a pillar right in front of them).

tynecastle-1.jpg

tynecastle_header.jpg

Just got to love the steepness of those stands behind the goals. Maybe not walking down them after a few, and the genuine fear you are about to fall down about 10 steps...

I've never been in the stadium since redevelopment, but here are the good old days

Tynecastle, Heart of Midlothian in the 1970s. | Stadium pics, Midlothian,  Dolores park

Tynecastle, Hearts in the 1980s. | Football stadiums, British football,  Stadium pics

53 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

tynecastle-1.jpg

tynecastle_header.jpg

I'll mention something I noticed,  which I haven't seen anywhere else, now granted, this is a while back, maybe its changed, 

But they had steps at the end of the stands for people to access their seats, now to the side of the steps, there was a column of single seats on their own, each row had a single seat at the absolute end of the stand.

Just why? Saying that, cracking wee stadium. 

2 hours ago, Moon Monkey said:

I'll mention something I noticed,  which I haven't seen anywhere else, now granted, this is a while back, maybe its changed, 

But they had steps at the end of the stands for people to access their seats, now to the side of the steps, there was a column of single seats on their own, each row had a single seat at the absolute end of the stand.

Just why? Saying that, cracking wee stadium. 

better when it was terracing mate. Electric atmosphere.

31 minutes ago, Moon Monkey said:

Need to look at rail seats.

I've actually never seen/heard of any demand for that from the jambos mate. Celtic done it for a certain 'section' of people who attended their home games (I deliberately won't call them football fans for obvious reasons).

1 hour ago, Pugwash said:

I've actually never seen/heard of any demand for that from the jambos mate. Celtic done it for a certain 'section' of people who attended their home games (I deliberately won't call them football fans for obvious reasons).

Sorry, in General,  personal opinion btw, but I believe an atmosphere is better achieved when standing. 

Yeah, we were in them in Germany , its basically safe terracing with the added bonus of increasing capacity. 

Just now, Cazza said:

A bit archaic, an atmosphere can be achieved without the indignity of standing up. I know soccer only lasts ninety minutes but the safety of the supporters should always be paramount.

Absolutely,  safety first, Rail seating gives you the safety with the added bonuses too.

1 minute ago, Cazza said:

I suppose but if the person in front stands can the person behind see? I only have experience of standing at a ground from national/One and two league days so not sure how it would effect a large ground.

At the Sub it was all seated but then games were longer, The WACA had the grass banks but never a problem.

Yes they can, as they are higher up in the same way the person in a seat is higher than the person below.

1 minute ago, Cazza said:

In some grounds not all, some grounds have seats straight onto terracing (Oak Road Luton). 

Yes, but thats not rail seating, some English clubs are looking at the option, so you might get to see it first hand soon.

13 hours ago, Moon Monkey said:

Sorry, in General,  personal opinion btw, but I believe an atmosphere is better achieved when standing. 

Yeah, we were in them in Germany , its basically safe terracing with the added bonus of increasing capacity. 

I've been on the terracing and in the stands but I have never experienced Rail seating so couldn't comment mate.

Archived