talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool (4) 2-0 (0) RB Leipzig - Wednesday 10th March, 2021

• Subscriber

RB was dreadful, dear lord. Thiago looked like his old self, except he would have finished off that first chance and dusted the tie then and there. Pool should have won like 5-0 jesus the finishing was something else in that first half.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/03/2021 at 15:09, Lucas said:

Is it fair to say Leipzig are a bit overrated? Liverpool have had all sorts of issues and have ended up easing through that tie.

It might be unfair to judge a team specifically on those two games, but they looked pretty dump to me if they are 2nd in the Bundesliga.

They looked really poor tbh. About as good as you'd expect a club with a drink in it's name to be. Which is weird because their league form indicates they shouldn't be as shite as they were.

Boggles my mind that they're 2nd in the Bundesliga. Maybe it's just one of those knockout ties though where experience in Europe carries one side through - a bit like Atalanta, who are a decent team, but ended up looking totally shite against Real Madrid. But I wouldn't have ever expected Leipzig to look miles more shite than Fulham or Burnley.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They looked really poor tbh. About as good as you'd expect a club with a drink in it's name to be. Which is weird because their league form indicates they shouldn't be as shite as they were.

Boggles my mind that they're 2nd in the Bundesliga. Maybe it's just one of those knockout ties though where experience in Europe carries one side through - a bit like Atalanta, who are a decent team, but ended up looking totally shite against Real Madrid. But I wouldn't have ever expected Leipzig to look miles more shite than Fulham or Burnley.

Your players are motivated in the champions league they can still win, but not in the premier league where they clearly can't be arsed, or at least couldn't for a 10 match spell 

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Your players are motivated in the champions league they can still win, but not in the premier league where they clearly can't be arsed, or at least couldn't for a 10 match spell 

We won loads of games earlier in the season where I still thought we were playing well under the level we were at this season. The players should be arsed in the premier league because we're infinitely more likely to qualify for the CL that way than by winning the fucking CL where we have to play teams that are actually better than the dross we normally face.

I don't think there's any excusing how bad FizzyPop Leipzig were here, mate.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

We won loads of games earlier in the season where I still thought we were playing well under the level we were at this season. The players should be arsed in the premier league because we're infinitely more likely to qualify for the CL that way than by winning the fucking CL where we have to play teams that are actually better than the dross we normally face.

I don't think there's any excusing how bad FizzyPop Leipzig were here, mate.

I fucking hate fizzy pop leipzig. But there are 100 reasons one team might be dogshit on a day. 

and you can say "the players should be arsed" that doesn't mean they are. 6 losses at anfield and you think your team were motivated? Come on cunt. Pull the other one

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I fucking hate fizzy pop leipzig. But there are 100 reasons one team might be dogshit on a day. 

and you can say "the players should be arsed" that doesn't mean they are. 6 losses at anfield and you think your team were motivated? Come on cunt. Pull the other one

I don't think our team were motivated at all, I've been moaning about how shite/unlucky we've been all year tbh xD

3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Well, besides the fact that they were missing several key players from last seasons CL exploits, they shot themselves in the foot in the first leg with 2 bad mistakes, which gifted Liverpool a couple of goals. It was always going to be an uphill task for the 2nd leg against a very experienced side like Liverpool after the damage that was done in the 1st leg.. They still created several very dangerous chances in the 1st leg, which had they scored from, would have really changed the theme of the tie. In the 2nd leg, they committed players forward early, which left them susceptible to Liverpool's fast counter attacks, which is an obvious strength of Liverpool's.

Anyone playing down RB Leipzig's quality, doesn't know the side well. One only has to look at the calibre of players that they have in their squad, to know that they are a top European side. They more than proved their credentials in Europe last season. A bad day in the office, where things went against them, doesn't change the facts. Having said that, we can't take anything away from Liverpool, it's obvious that they are a quality side as well. Winning the trophies that they have won over the last couple of seasons, more than cements their status as a class side.

Archived