talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool (4) 2-0 (0) RB Leipzig - Wednesday 10th March, 2021

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I dont think we let this one go and we get a goal at minimum here. If there's anything that will break the possibility of a win here its the fact that we seem to pick up injuries when we least expect them. 

We should set up to just hit them on the counter tbh... but my guess is we'll try to play our normal game.

Somehow Fizzy Drink Leipzig didn't notice that we're a broken Liverpool side in the last leg and let us play football like we aren't shit. I wonder if they'll do the same thing.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We should set up to just hit them on the counter tbh... but my guess is we'll try to play our normal game.

Somehow Fizzy Drink Leipzig didn't notice that we're a broken Liverpool side in the last leg and let us play football like we aren't shit. I wonder if they'll do the same thing.

If they don’t come at us all guns blazing, they don’t deserve to go through. Barring a massive surprise I don’t think Klopp will set us up to counter, which probably means we are in for a long night. 

I just can’t see us going through here unless we score, and we look shit at that right now. 

As shit as Liverpool are at the moment, they seem to always get by in Europe. I think they will find a way against Leipzig, probably concede but will probably score and do enough to progress.

It's whether they can sort this clusterfuck form out before they draw a Juventus/PSG/Bayern type side.

46 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

As shit as Liverpool are at the moment, they seem to always get by in Europe. I think they will find a way against Leipzig, probably concede but will probably score and do enough to progress.

It's whether they can sort this clusterfuck form out before they draw a Juventus/PSG/Bayern type side.

I'm fully expecting us to come crashing out in a horror show tonight  tomorrow- so I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get through Leipzig.

But no way I can see this side getting passed Juve/PSG/Barca or anyone like that.

16 hours ago, Rick said:

If they don’t come at us all guns blazing, they don’t deserve to go through. Barring a massive surprise I don’t think Klopp will set us up to counter, which probably means we are in for a long night. 

I just can’t see us going through here unless we score, and we look shit at that right now. 

Why would they do that? The way to beat Liverpool has been to sit in and hit balls over the top or just wait for one of the inexperienced defenders to make a mistake

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Why would they do that? The way to beat Liverpool has been to sit in and hit balls over the top or just wait for one of the inexperienced defenders to make a mistake

That’s one way to do it, but we have seen from plenty of teams that coming at us has us flapping as well. Just look at Fulham at the weekend, every time they came forward they gave us problems. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

That’s one way to do it, but we have seen from plenty of teams that coming at us has us flapping as well. Just look at Fulham at the weekend, every time they came forward they gave us problems. 

Fulham were up against a defence where 3/4 of it belonged in League 1. I'd say Leipzig tried to have a go at Liverpool in the first leg and ended up making mistakes themselves and giving Salah and Mane the sort of space they thrive in

2-0 is a dangerous lead. I can understand Liverpool if they take a cautious approach but I honestly think they have to be brave and trust in the fact that Leipzig concede goals. I think Liverpool have to go for that third.

We saw in the first leg how many openings Liverpool had. The likes of Salah and Mane may not be at their most confident now but you'd still always back them in a one on one scenario. And I really think they will get chances.

It's good to see our English sides holding dominance in both European competitions so let's hope that continues. We could potentially have 3 teams in the quarter finals of both competitions soon.

No one wants Carabao Leipzig through anyway.

4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Fulham were up against a defence where 3/4 of it belonged in League 1. I'd say Leipzig tried to have a go at Liverpool in the first leg and ended up making mistakes themselves and giving Salah and Mane the sort of space they thrive in

It's weird though because at any point in the season, I'd have assumed Leipzig were better than Fulham. But in that match against us they were awful.

I'm imagining they won't be that awful today. I think any side that's set up competently should be able to beat us at the moment, so I'm just hoping we can squeak through.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

2-0 is a dangerous lead. I can understand Liverpool if they take a cautious approach but I honestly think they have to be brave and trust in the fact that Leipzig concede goals. I think Liverpool have to go for that third.

We saw in the first leg how many openings Liverpool had. The likes of Salah and Mane may not be at their most confident now but you'd still always back them in a one on one scenario. And I really think they will get chances.

It's good to see our English sides holding dominance in both European competitions so let's hope that continues. We could potentially have 3 teams in the quarter finals of both competitions soon.

No one wants Carabao Leipzig through anyway.

Even if we had a proper defence available Liverpool wouldn't be looking to defend a two goal lead, it's never been Klopp's way and I can't see us changing tactics anytime soon.

We can afford to be a bit cautious though knowing that Leipzig have to score three.

9 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Even if we had a proper defence available Liverpool wouldn't be looking to defend a two goal lead, it's never been Klopp's way and I can't see us changing tactics anytime soon.

We can afford to be a bit cautious though knowing that Leipzig have to score three.

Leipzig only have to score three if you score, otherwise two goals and a penalty shootout might suffice. Always mesmerized this possibility is often overseen, when talking about coming matches.

21 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Leipzig only have to score three if you score, otherwise two goals and a penalty shootout might suffice. Always mesmerized this possibility is often overseen, when talking about coming matches.

I agree.

If Liverpool try to be cautious, they will be in for a scare and we may see them hanging on much like Dortmund were last night.

If Liverpool score twice, they will be through IMO. So go push for that third early. That makes Leipzig go all in and pick off the inevitable spaces they leave.

Leipzig will be thinking they have to go for three goals irrespective. Liverpool need two goals to feel secure.

31 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

I knew it would go to penalties if it ended up 0-2,just like 3 goals for Leipzig would be no guarantee of them going through either but thanks.

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I agree.

If Liverpool try to be cautious, they will be in for a scare and we may see them hanging on much like Dortmund were last night.

Push for that third. Leipzig will be thinking they have to go for three goals irrespective.

That's why I'd said we can be cautious not defensive,

Leipzig can't afford to sit back and catch us on the break, as I said I don't think that we will play that way either just that the pressure will be on Leipzig to score, not on us.

23 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It would sum up our season to go out in extra time on away goals in a neutral venue

It would be a joke if either side went out on "away goals".

You'd think that someone could realize that the away goal rule should be suspended if both legs are away for both teams.

• The title was changed to Liverpool (4) 2-0 (0) RB Leipzig - Wednesday 10th March, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived