• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool (4) 2-0 (0) RB Leipzig - Wednesday 10th March, 2021

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Can we use this stadium as our new home until fans are allowed back at Anfield?

What about that fan that thought it was red seats at Anfield causing issues...

• The title was changed to Liverpool (4) 2-0 (0) RB Leipzig - Wednesday 10th March, 2021

Fucking shout out to Phillips & Kabak tonight, both were excellent. Them two need to stay as the partnership for the rest of the season. Fabinho back in midfield is a godsend, made us so much more stable and it meant Thiago had his best game in ages. 

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

Fucking shout out to Phillips & Kabak tonight, both were excellent. Them two need to stay as the partnership for the rest of the season. Fabinho back in midfield is a godsend, made us so much more stable and it meant Thiago had his best game in ages. 

Will Virgil get back in the side after he's recovered? :)

Is it fair to say Leipzig are a bit overrated? Liverpool have had all sorts of issues and have ended up easing through that tie.

It might be unfair to judge a team specifically on those two games, but they looked pretty dump to me if they are 2nd in the Bundesliga.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Is it fair to say Leipzig are a bit overrated? Liverpool have had all sorts of issues and have ended up easing through that tie.

It might be unfair to judge a team specifically on those two games, but they looked pretty dump to me if they are 2nd in the Bundesliga.

I didn't watch the games, but maybe they just match up poorly? It's also certainly not leipzigs strongest line up and they could now run down bayern without CL to worry about...

3 hours ago, Rick said:

I hadn't seen enough of the previous games lately but I was thinking Fabinho back in midfield may be what's needed to balance out Thiago.

Phillips did well last night. You worry about him up against a better quality and quicker forward line though. He gets turned so easily and can't recover. Don't think we go much further with that CB pairing. You don't want to lose Fabinho from midfield either though

From what Klopp as been saying post-match it seems he’s turned a corner with regards to the CB position. It seems better to have more limited CBs if it means you can have Fabinho screening them, instead of having Fabinho at CB with Wijnaldum or Thiago in front.  

I think you can get away with taking Fabinho out of midfield only so long as Henderson is available to play the pivot. They’re the only two that seem able to play the role the way Liverpool need it to be played.

And if the midfield cover is right then you can get away with a lot defensively. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived