talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PSG (5) 1-1 (2) Barcelona - Wednesday 10th March, 2021

• The title was changed to PSG (5) 1-1 (2) Barcelona - Wednesday 10th March, 2021
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Carnivore ChrisChris this is an unpopular opinion, but I think Koeman has put Barça in the right track. 

He's not a great coach, but he finally got Dembélé and Griezmann to settle and he's done a really good job integrating young players like Araujo, Pedri, Dest in the team. 

I'm not totally sure if Xavi represents an improvement. As the Pirlo case shows, being a great player and being a great coach are two completely different animals.

44 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

@Carnivore ChrisChris this is an unpopular opinion, but I think Koeman has put Barça in the right track. 

He's not a great coach, but he finally got Dembélé and Griezmann to settle and he's done a really good job integrating young players like Araujo, Pedri, Dest in the team. 

I'm not totally sure if Xavi represents an improvement. As the Pirlo case shows, being a great player and being a great coach are two completely different animals.

I rate what Koeman is doing to be honest mate, he's giving chances to young players who are shining and will be the future of the club(partly due to not having a choice, but he'd also play them if he did in my opinion) and I think he should stick around. Once these players get to gain more experience, I'm almost certain we will see a golden generation there. There is alot of talent in these young lads and they are actually showing it consistently. Ilaix is also getting chances from the bench, he has proven himself every time he has stepped onto the final and de Jong has found his feet. As you said, Dembele is finally staying fit and getting better himself.

Xavi isn't proven yet. Neither was Pep, but if someone is taking the team in the right direction(which I think Koeman is), I don't see the point in changing as of yet as you can't expect instant success and this is a transitional period. This team is more for the near future after all and he has already made a group of young lads competitive, but he needs some better defenders(Eric Garcia and one other) and a top striker. If only Barcelona had the money to buy a player like Mbappe as a young star like that would really push the side forward, along with a couple of defenders. I think Eric Garcia will fit in well also.The talent is clearly there and he'll be much more at home at Barcelona than City.

The biggest problem this season is wasting too many chances and then making poor defensive errors, as seen over this tie. But there are bright signs and hunger in the side and we'll already start to see a much better one next season in my opinion. There are still 2 trophies to fight for this campaign also with the Copa del rey final to come and La Liga still to play for. If Barcelona take Atletico right to the wire this season and win the copa del rey, it won't be the worst of seasons, although the result against Paris has been an embarrassing one as they aren't as superior as the 5-2 suggests, not at all.

Barcelona started of bad with Koeman.  I'm  not sure if he had done enough to get a job at Barcelona but he use to play for them and that is football.

Barcelona are second in the league now and have improved. Sacking him now would be pointless. However Barcelona are use to constantly being successful and their tactic of sacking managers when things arent going right has worked so I dont think he can expect to much patience. One Spanish cup if he wins it wont be enough for Barcelona.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived