Kick-off 20.00 (GMT)
AS Roma vs Shakhtar
Granada vs Molde
Olympiacos vs Arsenal
Tottenham vs Dinamo Zagreb

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it be fair to say that is as weak a last 16 line up as there has been for a while?

I mean at least last season, Sevilla and Inter were there but I look now and think it's Man Utd surrounded by mediocrity?

I mean, in a way I guess its quite an 'open' competition from that aspect but really and truly, it's theirs to lose isn't it?

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Would it be fair to say that is as weak a last 16 line up as there has been for a while?

I mean at least last season, Sevilla and Inter were there but I look now and think it's Man Utd surrounded by mediocrity?

I mean, in a way I guess its quite an 'open' competition from that aspect but really and truly, it's theirs to lose isn't it?

You can't look past your opponent and given AC Milan were one of the only teams I was genuinely bothered about facing I wouldn't say for certain we will make it through this round let alone win it. 

On paper I agree though, easily the best side with Spurs a clear second best when on their game. 

Glad Roma got Shakhtar, would like both of them out so were going to lose one this round. 

When  was the last time a Scottish team got past the last 16 of a European competition?  I know rangers reached the final but that was in 2008 I think.  I cant ever remember a Scottish team in the quarter final of the champions league so it is over 25 years. 

Be good to see rangers get through though. 

I do wonder if southgate doesn't do well at the euros and klopp is still at liverpool and he was offered the England job if he would take it?

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Henderson should have saved that, but its no less than Milan deserved.  United will have to play a lot better in Italy next week to advance from this tie.

10 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

That is horrendous from Henderson. 

Terrible. Not even sure what he's trying to do to save it. Maybe tried to be too 'spectacular 'I'll do this for the cameras'' kind of save.

33 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Milan equalise and truth be told this Milan side is terrible. Only Calabria, Donnarumma, and Kessie deserve to be playing for them. 

Is there any team in europe apart from beyern that you think are good?

5 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Is there any team in europe apart from beyern that you think are good?

There are good teams but none I hold to a high standard.  Bayern are really the only elite I consider.  The standard of football has dropped immensely, and Bayern's efficiency compared to others highlights that. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

There are good teams but none I hold to a high standard.  Bayern are really the only elite I consider.  The standard of football has dropped immensely, and Bayern's efficiency compared to others highlights that. 

I seriously doubt with sports science that the standard of football has dropped. You have always said about how bad everything is all the time you have been on the forum. It's more likely you are just a negative person.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived