talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Europa League 2020/21 - Round of 16 (1st Legs) - Thursday 11th March, 2021

5 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I seriously doubt with sports science that the standard of football has dropped. You have always said about how bad everything is all the time you have been on the forum. It's more likely you are just a negative person.

It's an opinion. Get a grip. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

And that's fine. The cheeky comment that I'm likely just a negative person was simply not needed. :)

That's fair enough mate. Sorry for that. Anyway we're all allowed to be grumpy at the moment 🤣

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Mistake and they equalise. 

El-Arabi pounced with the goal. It's like he's been their danger man for years. An away draw would not be the end of the world for Arsenal.

45 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I know this is a bit of topic but is this the best ever Norway side? Cant remember them having a side this good?

Their team in 1998 was much better. This side has 2 or 3 good players and thats about it.

1 minute ago, Panna King said:

Their team in 1998 was much better. This side has 2 or 3 good players and thats about it.

I am not sure that they were much better to be fair. I know they had some decent footballers back then, but they have several good players in this team as well, excluding the 3 or 4 classy star players that they have.

11 minutes ago, Michael said:

I am not sure that they were much better to be fair. I know they had some decent footballers back then, but they have several good players in this team as well, excluding the 3 or 4 classy star players that they have.

Well they had more players back then at bigger clubs. 

25 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Well they had more players back then at bigger clubs. 

Yes, they did, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they were a much better team. They have some very good players in their current team. Haaland is probably already the best player in Norwegian history. Jarstein is definitely a better keeper than Grodas or Myhre were. Then you have other talents like Odegaard, Sorloth, King, Hauge, Berge, Daehli, Ryersen, Ajer, Thorsby, Fossum etc. You have to also remember that the Norway side of 1998 was a very experienced and mature side, with a high average age. Many of the better players in the current Norwegian side are still very young, so they are only going to get better. The Norway side of 98 was a very good team,  but I think that the current Norway team can really blossom and impress in a few years time, under the right management.

I think we are making progress under arteta. We've not getting worse. The question is are we making it fast enough. I'm not one of those fans who likes to sack managers all the time I dont think it will benefit a club like arsenal. We are a million miles away from where we want to be but we are steadily improving. We were a mess when arteta took over and I didnt expect him to get us in the champions league in the first year. However at the same time just because we have got slightly better than when he first took over doesn't mean he is doing a great job.

25 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think we are making progress under arteta. We've not getting worse. The question is are we making it fast enough. I'm not one of those fans who likes to sack managers all the time I dont think it will benefit a club like arsenal. We are a million miles away from where we want to be but we are steadily improving. We were a mess when arteta took over and I didnt expect him to get us in the champions league in the first year. However at the same time just because we have got slightly better than when he first took over doesn't mean he is doing a great job.

If Allegri was open for the job, would you want him or stick with Arteta?

14 hours ago, Stan said:

Terrible. Not even sure what he's trying to do to save it. Maybe tried to be too 'spectacular 'I'll do this for the cameras'' kind of save.

Henderson is particularly bad for swinging his arms back before going for a save. Costing him time to react at close range.

Great result for Rangers in Prague last night coming away with a 1-1 draw. Prague's goal was a stormer and they were the better team first half but we managed an equaliser thanks to Hagi not giving up on the ball and a wee dink across goal for Hellander to knock in. We came into the game a lot more after that but a wonder save from Alan McGregor kept the score to 1-1. On to Glasgow next week for what will probably be a nail biter. Looking forward to it.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived