The better place to talk football.

House of Cards

football forum

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, RandoEFC said:

Yes, watched episodes 1-3 last night, solid start to the new season - interested to see if/how they manage to make it more shocking than the actual White House this year xD.

yeah, got a lot to live up to!

Watched the first episode and it's so bad I don't think I'll be able to watch it all, okay it was always a little zany but the corridors of power, chicanery always had the appeal of being realistic. The last series was teetering on the edge of stupidity but this stuff is just absurd, taking over congress? Awful and it seems to be trying to set up some kind of Underwood dictatorship, 5 series a step too far.

• Subscriber

I'm five episodes in, not sure how I feel about it so far but those that have finished the season and have posted their feelings on the HoC sub-reddit seem to be overwhelmingly negative. No spoilers at least so will stick it out.

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm five episodes in, not sure how I feel about it so far but those that have finished the season and have posted their feelings on the HoC sub-reddit seem to be overwhelmingly negative. No spoilers at least so will stick it out.

I've watched 7 episodes I think and not really enjoying it. Never been as big a fan of HoC as some, but will watch any political drama, particularly US politics. This so far has just been poor though. S1 of Designated Survivor much better. Nothing will ever come close to the West Wing though 

• Subscriber
57 minutes ago, Storts said:

I've watched 7 episodes I think and not really enjoying it. Never been as big a fan of HoC as some, but will watch any political drama, particularly US politics. This so far has just been poor though. S1 of Designated Survivor much better. Nothing will ever come close to the West Wing though 

Also watched designated survivor. Not keen on the overly dramatic American background music sometimes but a good series. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Also watched designated survivor. Not keen on the overly dramatic American background music sometimes but a good series. 

Yeah - obviously can be a bit over the top and unrealistic at times, but thought it was a very well done series, until the ending. 

Have you watched the West Wing?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Storts said:

Yeah - obviously can be a bit over the top and unrealistic at times, but thought it was a very well done series, until the ending. 

Have you watched the West Wing?

I haven't but have been recommended it by the 'rents.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I haven't but have been recommended it by the 'rents.

Yeah, it's brilliant when you ever get a chance, very different to HoC and Designated Survivor, it's more realistic 

I couldn't get passed the 1st episode of the new season. Honestly, it felt like they were trying to provoke Trump into doing some outrageous shit - or they were just trying to be as ridiculous as possible to make up for the fact the real White House is basically a madhouse now. Either way, couldn't get into it.

• 4 months later...
  • Administrator

This is getting cancelled after the allegations against Kevin Spacey and his interaction with a 14 year old about 30 years ago were revealed in the last couple of days.

Shame for the rest of the cast to be honest as it was a brilliant show, even though it felt like it had gone on a season too long (they could have made Claire president earlier). 

Archived