talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

German Beer

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Coma said:

I had the Vitus weizenbock over the weekend and thought it was very good.  I've found most Weihenstephaner beers to have hints of banana, which can be refreshing.  7.7% ABV but it isn't overpowering at all.  

Not sure how to upload pics or I'd attach.

Upload it to imgur.com and post a link here! 

Anyone heard of DInkelacker from Stuttgart?  They had a 6-pack Pils in my international market over the weekend.  Didn't get it because my cart was already full but I'll be going back for it.  

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

Im having PTSD over seeing that beer cup again. Sorry.. old story Im still traumatized over. View looks beautiful though!

Now I'm kind of curious to hear that story... :D 

• Subscriber
41 minutes ago, nudge said:

Now I'm kind of curious to hear that story... :D 

Well now its been built up way too much xD

Basically I was at a giant craft beer house (like 100+ beers on tap) before a canucks game downtown Vancouver probably 3 or 4 years ago now and I was real into the Erdinger Weissbeer at the time. Got a pint of that and they had these special edition glasses at the time (ill put the picture below quite similar idea) had an embossed city scape at the bottom I thought it was the coolest thing. I wanted to buy it but they wouldnt sell it to me then I wanted to steal it but my girlfriend only had a small purse on her at the time and they also search your bags at the arena going in. I looked up the glasses later on online and they where at least 50+ $ so I couldnt justify it. Still haunts me to this day though. I think Tommy posted his cupboard with like 4 of them in it after to spite me when I talked about this last time xD

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0Ng5qfXZ_-WKKfMPh4Sm

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Haha 2

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

Well now its been built up way too much xD

Basically I was at a giant craft beer house (like 100+ beers on tap) before a canucks game downtown Vancouver probably 3 or 4 years ago now and I was real into the Erdinger Weissbeer at the time. Got a pint of that and they had these special edition glasses at the time (ill put the picture below quite similar idea) had an embossed city scape at the bottom I thought it was the coolest thing. I wanted to buy it but they wouldnt sell it to me then I wanted to steal it but my girlfriend only had a small purse on her at the time and they also search your bags at the arena going in. I looked up the glasses later on online and they where at least 50+ $ so I couldnt justify it. Still haunts me to this day though. I think Tommy posted his cupboard with like 4 of them in it after to spite me when I talked about this last time xD

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0Ng5qfXZ_-WKKfMPh4Sm

4/10, the story didn't have a satisfying ending... Fully expected you to do a runner with a glass in each hand.

xD 

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Preferably Saarish Pils like Karlsberg, Becker, or Großwald. From time to time I diversify with some PU, Budvar, Tyskie or Jever. Oh and some times even enjoy a Gatz or Kutscher Alt.:)

Have you ever had Bakalar? I tried it for the first time a while ago, and hoppy bitterness is pretty much its key characteristic. More so than  PU, Budvar, or any other Czech beer I had.

RIaRMCoPV0UBi4OLizrqrw8wEviMhW8Z21PhExfu

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Have you ever had Bakalar? I tried it for the first time a while ago, and hoppy bitterness is pretty much its key characteristic. More so than  PU, Budvar, or any other Czech beer I had.

RIaRMCoPV0UBi4OLizrqrw8wEviMhW8Z21PhExfu

Never saw it before as far as I know. Where did you get it from? Asking because I'm intrigued.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Never saw it before as far as I know. Where did you get it from? Asking because I'm intrigued.

From a T-Market in Bulgaria :ph34r: xD

Yeah, I've never seen it anywhere else before either, but who knows, maybe someone is or will be importing it to Germany, too... Google tells me that Wenzel restaurant chain in East Germany has it as a new addition to their sortiment 🤔

• Upvote 1