talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

German Beer

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Gonna try this one tonight. Saw it on an advertisment poster in the city, and though the bottle label looked kinda neat. Plus they're associated with SC Freiburg, no? All the more reason to try it! 

IMG_20210904_141620.jpg

I love Tannenzäpfle! Haven't had it for years though...

I'm having this today:

IMG_20210904_130513_1-01.jpeg

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

I love Tannenzäpfle! Haven't had it for years though...

I'm having this today:

IMG_20210904_130513_1-01.jpeg

It's called Kaiser? Is it actual German, or did they just choose a very stereotypical German term to make it look German? :D Nice colour though. Looks refreshing. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

It's called Kaiser? Is it actual German, or did they just choose a very stereotypical German term to make it look German? :D Nice colour though. Looks refreshing. 

Yes, Kaiser Pilsner. German name and German standards :D

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Wouldn't necessarly say "Leinenlingels" sounds that German, to be perfectly honest.🤨

Might as well be from the Benelux states or Scandinavia.:)

Yeah and it had lemonade in it. I'm ashamed of myself really.

2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Wouldn't necessarly say "Leinenlingels" sounds that German, to be perfectly honest.🤨

Might as well be from the Benelux states or Scandinavia.:)

It's brewed in Wisconsin, USA. Leinenkugel.

7 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Misread Leinenkugel for Leinenlingels, the first name is perfectly German, I admit. How did you enjoy the Weihenstephan?

It's a decent lager. Not near as good as their ales. I'm able to get a large selection of Weihenstephaner here so it's usually my go-to Deutsche bier along with Ayinger.

• Upvote 1

On 06/09/2021 at 13:12, Rucksackfranzose said:

Misread Leinenkugel for Leinenlingels, the first name is perfectly German, I admit. How did you enjoy the Weihenstephan?

Wisconsin still has a decently noticeable Germanic heritage to it.  A lot of older families still cook traditional German food. Every other person has a German name etc. 100% American but via Germany.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Wisconsin still has a decently noticeable Germanic heritage to it.  A lot of older families still cook traditional German food. Every other person has a German name etc. 100% American but via Germany.

Did you ever visit Helen, Georgia? It's not a bad town in north GA, but it's a German town through and through. Pretty fun trip for a couple of days. 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Did you ever visit Helen, Georgia? It's not a bad town in north GA, but it's a German town through and through. Pretty fun trip for a couple of days. 

Yeah I did. I really enjoyed some of it, but some of it seemed kinda phoney baloney. I still have two glass mugs from the oktoberfest 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Yeah I did. I really enjoyed some of it, but some of it seemed kinda phoney baloney. I still have two glass mugs from the oktoberfest 

Yeah - I couldn't spend 3 days there, but about 24-48 hours is perfect. Good food and beer, but the city closes down at 8pm.