talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

German Beer

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I've never heard of both of them. 😬

Palm is Belgian, so no surprise there 😅 It was one of the main choices for parties in our student halls in Holland, and we used to get cases of it from the nearby Spar just a few meters away :D 

Quite surprised you haven't heard of Schlenkerla though, to be honest! A very traditional brewery with a very unique taste profile. Literally like drinking a BBQ xD 

• Wow 1
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

curiosity-curious.gif

Seriously, give it a try if you can find it. Not something I'd want to drink regularly, but definitely worth trying just for the unique taste alone. Campfire, BBQ, spare ribs, bacon. First things that come in mind xD It surely isn't for everyone, similar to smoky, peated scotch.

• Wow 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Seriously, give it a try if you can find it. Not something I'd want to drink regularly, but definitely worth trying just for the unique taste alone. Campfire, BBQ, spare ribs, bacon. First things that come in mind xD It surely isn't for everyone, similar to smoky, peated scotch.

Now I'm really curious. I think I never saw it anywhere here though. Or maybe it just wasn't on my radar before. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Now I'm really curious. I think I never saw it anywhere here though. Or maybe it just wasn't on my radar before. 

https://shopfinder.schlenkerla.de/Haendlersuche/http/shopfinder-schlenkerla-de/shopfinder-91356.html?search._f=horizontal&search._digest=true&search.city=düsseldorf&submit=submit

• Wow 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Ok wow, the TrinkGut shop that is like 20-30 meters from here has it apparently. 😄 Well that was easy. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

If you are all over that report like Nudge was cooking my Steak dinner I doubt it will even see the light of day.... :ph34r:

Once we conceded in the 2nd minute of the game, I knew immediately that you were watching it 🙄

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Tried Schlenkerla once. It's unique but nothing I would drink regularly. 

On 19/09/2021 at 22:11, nudge said:

Indeed! 🧐

5 hours ago, Tommy said:

Never heard of it. Colour looks nice. Also, is that the fucking Pope on the label?xD

Augustiner is supposedly the oldest brewery in Deutschland.

It was pretty malty. Not sure I'd buy it again.

Edit: Correction, oldest independent brewery in München. 

Edited by Coma

Bought a 24 pack of these. Funny enough, I grabbed a case at the store and went to check out. The guy told me that you are supposed to buy them in the 6 packs which was how it was sorted inside, I told him buying it this way was easier to carry than 4 individual 6 packs. 😂

13376272105502.png

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Coma said:

Augustiner is supposedly the oldest brewery in Deutschland.

It was pretty malty. Not sure I'd buy it again.

Edit: Correction, oldest independent brewery in München. 

Ah, of course I know Augustiner. But it looks like this here:

Augustiner-Lagerbier-Hell-0-5-l-Bierflas

Yours looks like a knock-off again. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Ah, of course I know Augustiner. But it looks like this here:

Augustiner-Lagerbier-Hell-0-5-l-Bierflas

Yours looks like a knock-off again. :ph34r:

The one I got isn't a Helles.  I think that's the difference.  And I know you're trying to wind me up again but I'm not falling for it this time.

• Haha 1