talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

German Beer

• Subscriber

I should have taken a picture but a local brewery here had a weird one. It was a German oktoberfest inspired IPA but it was different it wasnt bitter and wasnt really hoppy. They said it was for the festivals for people that didnt want to drink lagers but is obviously far easier to drink in bulk then a traditional IPA. I still dont know if I liked it but it was strange. That is all. 

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I should have taken a picture but a local brewery here had a weird one. It was a German oktoberfest inspired IPA but it was different it wasnt bitter and wasnt really hoppy. They said it was for the festivals for people that didnt want to drink lagers but is obviously far easier to drink in bulk then a traditional IPA. I still dont know if I liked it but it was strange. That is all. 

mqdefault.jpg

Just had my first taste of Rothaus Tannenzäpfle. That's a fucking great beer. 

I usually find Pilsners to be thin on flavor and largely forgettable.  Wow.

My "getting drunk tonight" beer has been Stella but I may have to rethink that.

Edited by Coma

54 minutes ago, Coma said:

Just had my first taste of Rothaus Tannenzäpfle. That's a fucking great beer. 

I usually find Pilsners to be thin on flavor and largely forgettable.  Wow.

My "getting drunk tonight" beer has been Stella but I may have to rethink that.

How tastes are different; I'd say that about most branches of Helles.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

49 minutes ago, Coma said:

I usually find Pilsners to be thin on flavor and largely forgettable. 

That's why Altbier is the way. 😎 I like some Pils, and they're great refreshments, especially an ice cold one on a hot day. But flavour wise, Altbier, or other dark beers (to some degree) are the way to go! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

How tastes are different; I'd say that about most branches of Helles.

Yeah, it's possible that I just haven't found the good ones. The American  beer market is so saturated with IPA's and no one seems to have any time for much else. I'm guilty of that.

2 hours ago, nudge said:

I just love beer in general. Pilsner, Helles, Alt, Schwarzbier, Weißbier, Bock, any other sort - there's a time and place for all of them ❤️

I do find there is a time and a place for any beer. I'm a big fan of porters, bocks, and other dark beers in winter. I tend to drink lighter ales, IPA, and lagers in summer.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Coma said:

The wife and I went to a Christkindlmarkt put on by our local Germania society yesterday afternoon and I had some Bitburger on draft.  It was OK.  The currywurst with sauerkraut was good though.

What the hell?

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What the hell?

I take it from your response that I've just committed a cultural faux pas.  On a scale of "wearing lederhosen in public" to "Budweiser is a German beer", how bad is it?

1 minute ago, Coma said:

I take it from your response that I've just committed a cultural faux pas.  On a scale of "wearing lederhosen in public" to "Budweiser is a German beer", how bad is it?

Well, most Germans would raise their eyebrows if you ordered Sauerkraut as a side to your Currywurst. I'm intrigued though, maybe we miss out.

1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well, most Germans would raise their eyebrows if you ordered Sauerkraut as a side to your Currywurst. I'm intrigued though, maybe we miss out.

See, this is why I need you guys.  It probably wasn't even currywurst xD.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

9_9

9 minutes ago, Coma said:

See, this is why I need you guys.  It probably wasn't even currywurst xD.

xD

download.png

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1