talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

German Beer

2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

9_9

xD

download.png

Fuck, it looked just like that.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

9_9

xD

download.png

That's not a Currywurst- that's just a Bratwurst. Currywurst comes with a curry sauce, and mostly cut in pieces. Also Currysauce isn't Bavarian style, ffs.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

It was served in a roll with sauerkraut on top of it.  I don't know what kind of wurst it was but it was sausage-shaped and they called it currywurst.  The sauerkraut was optional but I put it on.  It was good so all of you can just shut up xD.

• Haha 3

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

That's not a Currywurst- that's just a Bratwurst. Currywurst comes with a curry sauce, and mostly cut in pieces. Also Currysauce isn't Bavarian style, ffs.

Making me fucking hungry with you lot mentioning Bratwurst, Currywurst etc,  brings back memories of my army days in Germany and out for a meal with the wife to our local German boozer, she would always have Ziguenerschitzel mit pomme frits and I would have Jagerschnitzel mit pomme frits washed down with a good german beer...sigh.:x  :drunk: 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Coma said:

It was served in a roll with sauerkraut on top of it.  I don't know what kind of wurst it was but it was sausage-shaped and they called it currywurst.  The sauerkraut was optional but I put it on.  It was good so all of you can just shut up xD.

I'm cooking sauerkraut soup today, you can have some of it too, if you wish xD

33 minutes ago, Coma said:

Picked up from the store today. 

20211120_180132.jpg

Have fun with Schlenkerla! Was excited to try it. Bought two bottles at my local liquor store.  Barely managed to drink one bottle without throwing up. Now that second bottle is rotting in my fridge, which is something very rare when it comes to beer. If you can call it that. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Tommy said:

Have fun with Schlenkerla! Was excited to try it. Bought two bottles at my local liquor store.  Barely managed to drink one bottle without throwing up. Now that second bottle is rotting in my fridge, which is something very rare when it comes to beer. If you can call it that. 

Thanks for hyping it up for me. I can't wait to tear into it now.

• Haha 1

Just now, Tommy said:

Sorry. xD Different strokes for different folks and whatnot. Maybe you'll like it. :ph34r:

I've not had a "pour out" all that often so I'm due. Last one I had was a hemp beer and it was worthy of the dirt 😆.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

It's really not that bad... Just a very, very specific smokey taste. Might not be what you want to drink again, but definitely worth trying to expand one's beer horizons xD

@Coma had you ever had a smokey, peaty Islay Scotch? If you can drink and appreciate that, then Schlenkerla won't be an issue at all.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

It's really not that bad... Just a very, very specific smokey taste. Might not be what you want to drink again, but definitely worth trying to expand one's beer horizons xD

@Coma had you ever had a smokey, peaty Islay Scotch? If you can drink and appreciate that, then Schlenkerla won't be an issue at all.

Yes I've had Ardbeg and Laphroig, both of which I'd consider smokey. Problem is they both give me wicked reflux... I'll need to pop some prilosec or something before I drink. 

God, that sounds lame. I'm old 😆.

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Coma said:

Yes I've had Ardbeg and Laphroig, both of which I'd consider smokey. Problem is they both give me wicked reflux... I'll need to pop some prilosec or something before I drink. 

God, that sounds lame. I'm old 😆.

We all have to make sacrifices for something important to us from time to time... Get that prilosec ready 😂

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Not beer related but when I drink scotch I typically drink The Macallan because it's so smooth.

I never used to have problems with spicy food, etc. but ever since I've turned 40 I've become a pussy.  Can't handle red wine, can't handle too much garlic, and I can't handle whiskey/tequila/vodka without some prep in advance.  Far too often though I find that sober me is really pissed off at drunk me... because drunk me doesn't give a fuck xD.  

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Coma said:

Not beer related but when I drink scotch I typically drink The Macallan because it's so smooth.

I never used to have problems with spicy food, etc. but ever since I've turned 40 I've become a pussy.  Can't handle red wine, can't handle too much garlic, and I can't handle whiskey/tequila/vodka without some prep in advance.  Far too often though I find that sober me is really pissed off at drunk me... because drunk me doesn't give a fuck xD.  

Also not beer related: For me, Macallan's fine, but so stupidly overpriced for what it is these days (their old stuff used to be phenomenal, but the new production...not particularly). It’s just a brand name at this point. I also love smooth, sherried whiskies, but Macallan is never my first choice. 

I can't handle coffee since I turned 30 xD 

• Wow 1

20 hours ago, nudge said:

Smokey beer is just wrong. Should have warned @Tommy before trying Schlenkerla. Sorry!

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, nudge said:

Also not beer related: For me, Macallan's fine, but so stupidly overpriced for what it is these days (their old stuff used to be phenomenal, but the new production...not particularly). It’s just a brand name at this point. I also love smooth, sherried whiskies, but Macallan is never my first choice. 

I can't handle coffee since I turned 30 xD 

How so? It's actually the only non alcoholic drink I consume apart from water.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

How so? It's actually the only non alcoholic drink I consume apart from water.

Think I had too much of it before and my body just straight out rejects caffeine now... Basically, some 6 years ago I started noticing that I got a tiny bit dizzy almost every time I drank coffee, but I didn't think much of it. Then, one day I had a light breakfast and a cup of coffee at the hotel bar in the morning, went back to my room, and about 20 minutes later, I felt so ill I thought I was having a heart attack 😅 dizziness, extreme weakness, knot in the stomach, cold sweat, heart pounding, tunnel vision... Drank like 3 liters of water in the next half hour to flush it all out, and then all was more or less back to normal, although I still felt tired for the rest of the day. After that, I didn't drink any coffee for about half a year, tried it afterwards (just a few sips), and got that light dizzy feeling again, so I stopped completely. I do drink decaf from time to time now, but it's not the same :( So it's just water for me now.

• Sad 1