talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

German Beer

15 hours ago, Spike said:

Was it brewed in Wisconsin or Germany? Also I have that exact pint glass

I suspect that Wisconsin called Bavaria and asked permission to put the Hofbrau logo on their can. It was only OK.

Samuel Smith pint glass?

3 minutes ago, Coma said:

I suspect that Wisconsin called Bavaria and asked permission to put the Hofbrau logo on their can. It was only OK.

Samuel Smith pint glass?

It’s a lager, can’t expect much more than Ok. Surprised they didn’t do something more interesting in the collab. 

Yes, Sam Smith glass. It was a gift and I expect yours too had the bottom logo flake off

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Coma said:

A continuation of the American German knockoffs. Cleaning out my stash at the back of the fridge.

20220220_145348.jpg

As for American German knockoffs I had tried some fantastic Goses when I lived in Georgia. I don’t remember the breweries though, Sour Asylum Series by Three Taverns, I think 

They were pretty authentix though, but they did have many iterations and riffs

12 hours ago, Spike said:

As for American German knockoffs I had tried some fantastic Goses when I lived in Georgia. I don’t remember the breweries though, Sour Asylum Series by Three Taverns, I think 

They were pretty authentix though, but they did have many iterations and riffs

I wasn't aware that Gose was a German thing.  I've never been a fan of sours or fruit beer in general but I have been known to trade in my man card from time to time.  I've got a thing for Leinenkugel Summer Shandy.

5 hours ago, Coma said:

I wasn't aware that Gose was a German thing.  I've never been a fan of sours or fruit beer in general but I have been known to trade in my man card from time to time.  I've got a thing for Leinenkugel Summer Shandy.

They are from Leipzig and typically have a more salty than sour profile, some aren't even sour at all. It actually went out of existence for a while after WW2. It isn't a fruit beer, that's an American addition.

Edited by Spike
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Trying this one for the first time. Hannen Alt existed from 1725 until 2005.

It was revived in April 2022 after another brewery bought the name. 

IMG_20220424_210451.jpg

I regularly drank Hannen Alt in a pub in Tenerife last year 😅 Remember? I'm not even sure where they got it from. The pub was even named after it xD

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

I regularly drank Hannen Alt in a pub in Tenerife last year 😅 Remember? I'm not even sure where they got it from. The pub was even named after it xD

Yea, I remember that, and it was weird as I never saw it anywhere here. 😅

I just read that the Carlsberg group did continue Hannen Alt after all. But this year they gave it to a different brewery, and it's now being brewed again where it was from originally. 

https://www.about-drinks.com/carlsberg-deutschland-uebergibt-hannen-alt-und-gatz-altbier-an-privatbrauerei-bolten/

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, I remember that, and it was weird as I never saw it anywhere here. 😅

I just read that the Carlsberg group did continue Hannen Alt after all. But this year they gave it to a different brewery, and it's now being brewed again where it was from originally. 

https://www.about-drinks.com/carlsberg-deutschland-uebergibt-hannen-alt-und-gatz-altbier-an-privatbrauerei-bolten/

Oldest Altbier brewery in the world :o

I had to Google where Korschenbroich was, though xD

How do you like it? I really enjoyed it, but then I don't drink Alt at all otherwise!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Oldest Altbier brewery in the world :o

I had to Google where Korschenbroich was, though xD

How do you like it? I really enjoyed it, but then I don't drink Alt at all otherwise!

Korschenbroich is roughly the region where my mom is from. 😅

I like it. Quite malty and tastes stronger (like in taste, not as in strong alcohol) than some other Altbier. I like it. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

In that regard. First time in a beer garden this year. I was shocked how many people were absolutely hammered on a Thursday evening. But that place is know for their "regular costumers" . 😬

IMG_20220602_185852.jpg

• Upvote 1