talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

German Beer

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

"German single malt"? Didn't expect German breweries to conquere the whisky market.:ph34r:

That's the sole reason why I bought it, I hope it's single malt whisky inside xD 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Exhibit #1: 

Mahanakhon White Ale, 5%

IMG_20220728_233947_1-01.jpeg

Well they say it's 5%, but it looks and tastes like lemonade. Not bad if you want something refreshing, but a beer it is not... Also says it's "Thai craft beer", but then the small print reveals that it's actually brewed and canned in Vietnam. My beer is a complete lie 😭 xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Exhibit #2:

Federbräu, 5%

IMG_20220729_005204.jpg

Awful, just awful 😅 sickly sweet, sticky smell and taste. Reminds me of a dirty go-go bar at 3am in the morning. Actually ended up in a sink... I wish I had a proper bitter beer to wash away the sweetness, had to settle down for some ghost pepper instead. Moving on...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Exhibit #1: 

Mahanakhon White Ale, 5%

IMG_20220728_233947_1-01.jpeg

Well they say it's 5%, but it looks and tastes like lemonade. Not bad if you want something refreshing, but a beer it is not... Also says it's "Thai craft beer", but then the small print reveals that it's actually brewed and canned in Vietnam. My beer is a complete lie 😭 xD

Radler ist kein alkohol.

11 minutes ago, nudge said:

Exhibit #2:

Federbräu, 5%

IMG_20220729_005204.jpg

Awful, just awful 😅 sickly sweet, sticky smell and taste. Reminds me of a dirty go-go bar at 3am in the morning. Actually ended up in a sink... I wish I had a proper bitter beer to wash away the sweetness, had to settle down for some ghost pepper instead. Moving on...

It's been awhile since I had a pour out 😆.

• Subscriber

Exhibit #3: 

Bia Saigon Special, 4.9%

IMG_20220729_005716.jpg

This feels like heaven after the previous disaster. I went for this as I had it before and so I knew what to expect... A decent, very drinkable Vietnamese beer that smells and tastes like an actual beer. So I'll consider it a win xD

More shitty beers incoming tomorrow.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

How do you like it? There are better tasting wheat beers out there, in my opinion.

I think my favorite beers so far have been the Andech brews. But really I don't think I've had any bad ones yet. 

Also, I've been pleasantly surprised by the Schlenkerla beers. Very unique and drinkable imo.

Edited by Coma

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 12/03/2021 at 03:46, nudge said:

I don't mind Warsteiner, but it wouldn't be one my first choices either. Their Brewers Gold looks very good though, that amber colour, but I haven't tried it yet... @Tommy? @Rucksackfranzose? Have you tried that one? 

On 24/03/2021 at 22:06, Rucksackfranzose said:

Bought a few bottles Warsteiner Brewers Gold- had two with lunch and can say it's not a beer I'll purchase again, too malty and too little hop for my taste. Tasted a little like that old Blockmalz candy, only not as sweet,. Thinking of it a Malzbier without sweetness is a much more fitting comparison.

On 01/04/2021 at 04:27, Tommy said:

Finally found it in a store, even though only in a can. Colour looks nice. First taste was okay. But very malty indeed. Generally just tasted like a polished Warsteiner. And you know what they say about polishing a turd. 

IMG_20210331_205900.jpg

So I just accidentally found it in a random supermarket here today and decided to verify your reviews. Contributing to science and all that... :ph34r:

IMG_20220815_005445-01.jpeg

Think it's better than regular Warsteiner quality-wise, but very malty (too malty) indeed! Will not be buying it again, but it's better than I thought it would be!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

So I just accidentally found it in a random supermarket here today and decided to verify your reviews. Contributing to science and all that... :ph34r:

IMG_20220815_005445-01.jpeg

Think it's better than regular Warsteiner quality-wise, but very malty (too malty) indeed! Will not be buying it again, but it's better than I thought it would be!

Warsteiner. More like Warneiner. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Wtf is hazy IPA in the first place?

I think the primary characteristic is that it's unfiltered?  I know it by the style and appearance, but not the method of brewing.  I'd have to look it up tbh.