talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

German Beer

On 13/03/2021 at 18:48, Tommy said:

I have failed to obtain Warsteiner's Brewers Gold so far. Neither Rewe nor Edeka had it. :( But I know where I can get it, and I will report back next weekend. 

This is for science.  I'm not sure you're trying hard enough xD

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Coma said:

Saw some old bottles of St. Pauli Girl in an antique shop over the weekend.  Didn't realize that was brewed in Bremen.  Always assumed it was Hamburg.

Had to Google it as I've never heard about it before... Apparently the name comes from the St. Pauli monastery in Bremen. It's export beer only, not sold in Germany. 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Had to Google it as I've never heard about it before... Apparently the name comes from the St. Pauli monastery in Bremen. It's export beer only, not sold in Germany. 

I didn't know that was a thing.  I wish some of the crap we have over here was for export only.  

• Haha 4

Bought a few bottles Warsteiner Brewers Gold- had two with lunch and can say it's not a beer I'll purchase again, too malty and too little hop for my taste. Tasted a little like that old Blockmalz candy, only not as sweet,. Thinking of it a Malzbier without sweetness is a much more fitting comparison.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Sad 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Bought a few bottles Warstein Brewers Gold- had two with lunch and can say it's not a beer I'll purchase again, too malty and too little hop for my taste. Tasted a little like that old Blockmalz candy, only not as sweet,. Thinking of it a Malzbier without sweetness is a much more fitting comparison.

Ah, finally a report! :D 

Good to know, I won't bother looking for it then... 

• Upvote 1

@Tommy couldnt find your düsseldorf beers mate. unfortunately bavaria = germany in america, i ma not complaining that every other bavarian brewery is available but it sucks for the rest of the states/regions/whatevers. well kölsch is also easy to get, i did try schnieder weisse doppelbock though, its a solid doppelbock

On 11/03/2021 at 21:46, nudge said:

I don't mind Warsteiner, but it wouldn't be one my first choices either. Their Brewers Gold looks very good though, that amber colour, but I haven't tried it yet... @Tommy? @Rucksackfranzose? Have you tried that one? 

Finally found it in a store, even though only in a can. Colour looks nice. First taste was okay. But very malty indeed. Generally just tasted like a polished Warsteiner. And you know what they say about polishing a turd. 

IMG_20210331_205900.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Finally found it in a store, even though only in a can. Colour looks nice. First taste was okay. But very malty indeed. Generally just tasted like a polished Warsteiner. And you know what they say about polishing a turd. 

IMG_20210331_205900.jpg

So that's two out of two negative reviews... Definitely a pass then. 

Do Pülleken next!

Okay, here we go. @nudge's wishes are very important to me. 

Mild, but very drinkable. Süffig as we'd say in German. Something you'd enjoy in a beer garden at 30 C°. Definitely better than Warsteiner Brewers Gold. 

IMG_20210401_210133.jpg

• Like 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Okay, here we go. @nudge's wishes are very important to me. 

Mild, but very drinkable. Süffig as we'd say in German. Something you'd enjoy in a beer garden at 30 C°. Definitely better than Warsteiner Brewers Gold. 

IMG_20210401_210133.jpg

Sounds good! The colour looks a bit suspect though :35_thinking:

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Sounds good! The colour looks a bit suspect though :35_thinking:

Could be my AI camera that thought I was taking a picture of a dog or something. Or the lighting in my kitchen. But yea, it's very bright yellow-ish. Not unusually bright for a Pils though. :35_thinking: