talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fans Back in Stadiums in Germany?

Any word on fans back in stadiums in Germany?  I saw recently that England is targeting the last two weeks of the PL season.  MLS might be looking at 30% capacity when the season starts in April.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Fans Back in Stadiums in Germany?
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Danny said:

If we do get fans into the grounds in England it will be short lived as our reopening will most likely trigger another lockdown

With the vaccine around preventing serious illness/hospitalisation/pressure on NHS, I don't see how another lockdown would come about just because case numbers might go up...

1 minute ago, Stan said:

With the vaccine around preventing serious illness/hospitalisation/pressure on NHS, I don't see how another lockdown would come about just because case numbers might go up...

Maybe....but if Chris Whitty is advising things are gunna go south again then I think that means another lockdown

Vaccinations have opened up to ages 50-59 here in the US.  At this rate I should be able to get vaccinated in the next month or so.  Can't see how things won't be fully opened by June.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Coma said:

Vaccinations have opened up to ages 50-59 here in the US.  At this rate I should be able to get vaccinated in the next month or so.  Can't see how things won't be fully opened by June.

It's the same for us here. I think the fact they've given an actual date (of which I still think you could argue isn't soon enough given the rate we're vaccinated) - people aren't going to accept it any more after that date. I can't see people complying when everyone's been offered a vaccine.

5 hours ago, Coma said:

1 hour ago, Dan said:

It's the same for us here. I think the fact they've given an actual date (of which I still think you could argue isn't soon enough given the rate we're vaccinated) - people aren't going to accept it any more after that date. I can't see people complying when everyone's been offered a vaccine.

Vaccinations might be progressing well in the US and the UK. The speed  vaccinations take in Germany is snail-like though, therefore it's doubtful fans will be back in German stadiums at the begin of the next season, which was the op question.

13 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Vaccinations might be progressing well in the US and the UK. The speed  vaccinations take in Germany is snail-like though, therefore it's doubtful fans will be back in German stadiums at the begin of the next season, which was the op question.

Is it the availability of the vaccine that's holding up progress?  3 different vaccines have been approved for use here.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

At least your not alone in that regard. My age group is scheduled for end of May, thats if theres no hiccups.

• Subscriber

Absolutely bonkers what's going on in Europe. Disgraceful really. We've not handled the situation well for the most part but our vaccination has been superb.

• Subscriber

Rostock v Halle earlier today was the first game to have some fans allowed back into the stadium. 777 fans in total, to be precise. 

So good to hear the crowd again... 

• 8 months later...
37 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Looks like we're going back to empty stadiums. :( 

I'm not sure I understand this line of thinking considering they were already implementing the 2G/3G program.  I'm vaccinated and I plan on getting the booster soon but at some point you have to let people get on with their lives.

Just now, Coma said:

I'm not sure I understand this line of thinking considering they were already implementing the 2G/3G program.  I'm vaccinated and I plan on getting the booster soon but at some point you have to let people get on with their lives.

If hospitals are being overloaded you have to introduce measures to protect that. The vaccine doesn't magically get rid of coronavirus, it just lessens the impact on people who have it, there is no overnight cure, it's a long process. Not to mention there is the possibility that the spike in cases could be related to the new variant.

Just now, Danny said:

If hospitals are being overloaded you have to introduce measures to protect that. The vaccine doesn't magically get rid of coronavirus, it just lessens the impact on people who have it, there is no overnight cure, it's a long process. Not to mention there is the possibility that the spike in cases could be related to the new variant.

I get that, but if the trends in Europe are similar to the US, the overwhelming majority of hospitalizations are the unvaccinated.  Spikes in cases will never go away when you have a portion of the population who resist the medical science.

The world is moving on without the unvaccinated as venues have begun to implement mandates for entry.  I think they have every right to do that and I'm fully on board if it means we get back to normal.

I guess it's mostly because of the fans traveling to and from the stadium. I have the luxury that I can walk there, but on my way I saw how packed the busses and subways were, and I always thought that it's a bit irresonsible with the new infection numbers being so high.

Archived