talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fans Back in Stadiums in Germany?

22 minutes ago, Dan said:

Germany going down a very bleak path. 

Well , the UK have 67.65 M inhabitants and had 10.2 M Corona cases since Dec of 2019, while Germany have 83.1M inhabitants and had 5.8 M Corona cases during the same time. Not sure bleak is the right expression, when comparing this figures.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
12 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well , the UK have 67.65 M inhabitants and had 10.2 M Corona cases since Dec of 2019, while Germany have 83.1M inhabitants and had 5.8 M Corona cases during the same time. Not sure bleak is the right expression, when comparing this figures.

That's bound to be the response when you're looking at literally everything solely through a lens of cases. I'll take our cases over vaccine mandates.

• Subscriber

I just still dont understand the complaints for vaccine mandates. Is it really just as much as anti establishment anti government? It just really boggles my mind. You've been vaccinated for countless other things etc. The government created road rules so that everyone doesnt kill each other doing what they want, theres countless other examples. Anyways side bar rant. 

I was hearing Westfalenstadion will be at about 27,000 for the weekend or about a third capacity. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I just still dont understand the complaints for vaccine mandates. Is it really just as much as anti establishment anti government? It just really boggles my mind. You've been vaccinated for countless other things etc. The government created road rules so that everyone doesnt kill each other doing what they want, theres countless other examples. Anyways side bar rant. 

In my personal opinion, vaccine mandates could only make sense when the vaccines in question either provide sterilizing immunity, or when the vaccine-induced immunity is strong enough to last at least a couple of years. Current COVID vaccines are neither sterilising nor long lasting, and don't prevent infection and transmission well enough to end the pandemic on their own - in that sense, they are more an individual protection tool than a public health measure. With vaccine mandates, you're then legally required to take a shot every x months for foreseeable future in order not to lose your "fully vaccinated" status and be excluded from society. Depending on a country, it might be every 9 months, every 6 months, or every 5 months, as it stands now. If it's going to be properly policed, then we are also looking to being forced to show vaccination cards and QR codes whenever entering any public space, using transportation, buying groceries, going to work, etc, with the "privilege" automatically taken away as soon as your vaccination status expires. I don't know about you, but that's certainly not a world I want to live in for the foreseeable future.

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I was hearing Westfalenstadion will be at about 27,000 for the weekend or about a third capacity. 

If that's a power you want the government to have, regardless of whether you agree or not with this particular vaccine then more fool you in my opinion. If you allow that you open the door for far worse.

Governments and media seemingly worldwide have done a great job in convincing people that the unvaccinated are at fault for everything. Future lockdowns (if any country is daft enough to ever do it again which it seems some are), which are 100% a political choice, will be blamed on the wrong people.

I was far less cynical of governments two years ago. I think it's irrecoverable for me now. I want them out of my life as much as possible.

• Subscriber

Alright well clearly we arent going to agree here but its hard for me to compare as every country has different regulations. QR codes and vaccinations are only required here for optional things such as dinning in, concerts, sporting events. Nothing essential such as grocery stores or gas stations etc require shit. I dont see an issue with that at all.

Power? its personal protection and protection for all those around me, a very small, small sacrifice. Lockdowns being political? again it hasnt been here at all, it was completely in the States but I also follow their politics much more and I have no idea about the UK. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

Alright well clearly we arent going to agree here but its hard for me to compare as every country has different regulations. QR codes and vaccinations are only required here for optional things such as dinning in, concerts, sporting events. Nothing essential such as grocery stores or gas stations etc require shit. I dont see an issue with that at all.

Completely different in most of Europe, where, in many cases, unvaccinated are already banned from most of public spaces except grocery stores and pharmacies (and some countries like Greece, for example, even considered banning them from accessing such essential services too, but decided that it would be a bit too much), despite there being no vaccine mandates yet. In Austria, when a lockdown solely for unvaccinated was announced a while ago (they are in full lockdown for everyone now), police could literally stop you on the street and check your vaccination papers. I find measures like that completely disproportionate, and will never ever be in favour of anything like that.

And yeah, I also hate discussing it, because it's a highly polarising issue which has potential to ruin friendships and relationships xD

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

15,000 cap on the game this weekend.  I think it was 1/3 capacity or 15,000, whichever was smaller.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Completely different in most of Europe, where, in many cases, unvaccinated are already banned from most of public spaces except grocery stores and pharmacies (and some countries like Greece, for example, even considered banning them from accessing such essential services too, but decided that it would be a bit too much), despite there being no vaccine mandates yet. In Austria, when a lockdown solely for unvaccinated was announced a while ago (they are in full lockdown for everyone now), police could literally stop you on the street and check your vaccination papers. I find measures like that completely disproportionate, and will never ever be in favour of anything like that.

And yeah, I also hate discussing it, because it's a highly polarising issue which has potential to ruin friendships and relationships xD

Absolutely agreed! xD

Yeah that makes alot of sense though and thats kind of why I mentioned that, I havent followed alot of the world in how things have gone. I would very likely have a different opinion about it living under those circumstances but here things are fairly lax and for the most part (although not without criticism mind you) our Gov't actually handled things fairly well here I figure. 

• Subscriber

I also see my understanding of Lockdown is probably a big route of disagreement here. I was thinking Lockdown as in full lockdown which happend here only once back in march ish of last year where everything deemed non essential was shut down. I was still working and kind of bitter but thats neither here nor there.. I didnt realize (even in Germany now) where they've only locked down unvaccinated. Thats a pretty contentious issue, pardon my ignorance and carry on with your days :hh:

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Power? its personal protection and protection for all those around me, a very small, small sacrifice. Lockdowns being political? again it hasnt been here at all, it was completely in the States but I also follow their politics much more and I have no idea about the UK. 

To be honest I think any restriction or requirement at this point is wrong. There are varying degrees. The UK is far from perfect but I'm looking at places like Germany, Austria, today Ireland too in shock at how they're still in that situation. The UK feels 90% normal now.

I see the UK as a watered down US. We do have a tendency to try and copy their worst elements.

Sorry, replace UK with England. Scotland and Wales have gone up the ridiculous vaccine passport route. To be honest a lot will disagree with me on this but I think the response from the off has been a staggering error, one that'll be looked back on in hundreds of years.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, nudge said:

This is true and it's why I rarely venture into it - I think it's quite deliberate that they've created two 'sides'.

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Dan said:

This is true and it's why I rarely venture into it - I think it's quite deliberate that they've created two 'sides'.

After all, it's easier for politicians and governments to avoid responsibility for any potential cockups by instead dividing the society and shifting the blame to individuals for "breaking the rules", and then watch them go at each other's throats.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

After all, it's easier for politicians and governments to avoid responsibility for any potential cockups by instead dividing the society and shifting the blame to individuals for "breaking the rules", and then watch them go at each other's throats.

Correct. I used to find my Grandad's "fuck them all" policy a bit of a cop out but I'm increasingly seeing it as the only possible take.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Dan said:

Correct. I used to find my Grandad's "fuck them all" policy a bit of a cop out but I'm increasingly seeing it as the only possible take.

I find "fuck them all" to be a great policy in almost any situation in life xD

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Okay, I'm flying to Australia soon anyway, you can pick me up there from me mum's house.

Ah, shit. There's lots of snakes in Australia. I hate snakes. Can I pick you up in New Zealand instead?

Archived