talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Peruvian Liga 1 - 2021

football forum

Started yesterday, my main league.

Sport Huancayo started on the front foot with a 1-0 win over Deportivo Municipal. Pretty comfortable too, in fairness. Muni had a few chances at the start but then fell flat in the second half.

Cienciano beat UTC 1-0 and missed a bucketload of chances. UTC look the worst team of the 6 so far.

Sporting Cristal, the defending champions beat Binacional 4-0, in a comfortable win. I say they are the favourites again.

22 year old Tavara scored this goal:

• The title was changed to Peruvian Liga 1 - 2021

Alianza Lima have been the most successful club in Peru, but the return of Farfan will no doubt boost the team. I am sure that returning to live in Lima after having played in Moscow for the past 3 years, will also take some time to adapt to. But even at 36, I think that he can shine playing in the Peruvian League, with all due respect given to the other Peruvian clubs as well.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Michael said:

Alianza Lima have been the most successful club in Peru, but the return of Farfan will no doubt boost the team. I am sure that returning to live in Lima after having played in Moscow for the past 3 years, will also take some time to adapt to. But even at 36, I think that he can shine playing in the Peruvian League, with all due respect given to the other Peruvian clubs as well.

I'm sure he will shine. The quality of our league is horrendous, and Farfan still looks good for the NT and did at times for Lokomotiv. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't finish in the top 3 for top scorers!

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I don't usually post my work stuff on here, but I just did a calculus on my win percentage so far as an analyst in my career.

63% win percent, 67% points earned.

12 wins, 2 draws, 5 defeats. I have a reason to be happy in life!

@Stan @Dr. Gonzo @nudge @Carnivore Chris

Edited by Goku de la Boca
  • Upvote 2

• 8 months later...
6 hours ago, Stan said:

Big fan of this 

I'll provide some extra context. Alianza Lima won the league in 2021 and 2022, and this would have been their third title in a row. They had lost to Universitario at home in a final once in 1999, which they never heard the end of to this day.

Universitario hasn't won the league since 2013 and this final ended their drought. It's already bad enough to lose to your rivals at home in a final, but this is the third time and they just didn't take it well. Most Alianza LIma fans are quite pissed off that they turned off the lights as they saw it as an embarrassment and made everyone look like "sore losers", which they aren't wrong given how viral this went.