• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea (3) 2-0 (0) Atletico Madrid - Wednesday 17th March, 2021

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I'd be pretty shocked with all things considered if Atletico managed to not only outscore us, but manage to score 2. No team has been capable of achieving either so far under Tuchel. 

I think it really all boils down to if they score first and more importantly when that first goal comes.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

I'd be pretty shocked with all things considered if Atletico managed to not only outscore us, but manage to score 2. No team has been capable of achieving either so far under Tuchel. 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

I think it really all boils down to if they score first and more importantly when that first goal comes.

Agree with Mel on this one, It's one goal that could easily be cancelled out and if it comes early it will be advantage them.. I appreciate we have done well so far but a pat on the back is only 2 feet away from a kick up the arse and at some point we are going to lose a game... I didn't think we would leave the first leg with a victory but the team put in a solid display so credit where it's due and if they can put in another solid performance then I will be very happy man.. If we score first though that puts them under pressure so still all to play for..

• Administrator

Why do the BT Sport commentators always find it so 'mad' that Simeone prowls the touchline and shouts constantly? Why is always such a shock for them?

• Administrator
Just now, Tommy said:

Not enough for a penalty. 

Even if it was outside the box Azpilicueta could have been seen to deny a goalscoring opportunity and it'd be a red because he wasn't going for the ball.

He's very lucky, in my opinion.

Just now, Stan said:

How was that not even checked?

I think they actually do check it. When  they say it hasn't been checked it means they haven't looked at it again.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think they actually do check it. When  they say it hasn't been checked it means they haven't looked at it again.

They literally said on commentary it wasn't checked.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Do me a favour.... Sad to see players going down for that, he might have scored if he had stayed on his feet 

Hes not looking to score. He's looking to get a player sent off and in all fairness Azpilicueta should have gotten a booking, the sending off is debatable.

• Administrator
Just now, Mel81x said:

Hes not looking to score. He's looking to get a player sent off and in all fairness Azpilicueta should have gotten a booking, the sending off is debatable.

Just to put it out there, I agree there wasn't enough contact and he goes down very easily.

But if the foul is given, it would have to be a red card for what I mentioned before. Denying goalscoring opportunity, not going for the ball, it'd be a red card offence in that scenario.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Such is the sad state of the game these days where trying to get someone sent off rather than trying to score is the order of the day... 

• The title was changed to Chelsea (3) 2-0 (0) Atletico Madrid - Wednesday 17th March, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived