talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Copa America 2021 FINAL: Argentina 1 - 0 Brazil

football forum

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bogota is a 6-8 hour flight from Buenos Aires. Hilarious.

Why does everything have to be a joint these days? It's all about money now. Shame.

4 hours ago, Blue said:

Bogota is a 6-8 hour flight from Buenos Aires. Hilarious.

Why does everything have to be a joint these days? It's all about money now. Shame.

Would one of these countries have enough facilities and stadiums to host it themselves?

1 minute ago, ScoRoss said:

Would one of these countries have enough facilities and stadiums to host it themselves?

Both would. The Copa America is not the World Cup. The only country in South America who wouldn't be able to do it is Venezuela.

3 hours ago, Blue said:

Both would. The Copa America is not the World Cup. The only country in South America who wouldn't be able to do it is Venezuela.

Seems very strange then. But one of the other bids was Australia, so it's not even the most daft idea put forward for it.

• 4 weeks later...

Confirmed, Colombia and Argentina are the 2 hosts.

It appears it's going to be a lot better than I originally imagined, although I still have my doubts.

Just like in the old days, they will divide the 2 into Merconorte and Mercosur. Merconorte plays in Colombia and Mercosur in Argentina.

This means Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Brazil and Venezuela (Merconorte) make up 1 group, while Argentina, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay and Bolivia (Mercosur) make up the other. I think there will be 2 invited teams as well.

I don't mind this format for 1 Copa, but I hope we don't stick with this as the randomness of the group draw is what makes it fun.

Luckily there will be no annoying 6-8 hour flights so often between Bogota and Buenos Aires. We'll see how it fares in the knockout games.

On 17/03/2019 at 18:02, ScoRoss said:

Seems very strange then. But one of the other bids was Australia, so it's not even the most daft idea put forward for it.

Not really. US, Mexico, and Canada have done a joint bid, and I know Mexico and US could do the World Cup on their own without issues. Not sure about Canada...

5 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Confirmed, Colombia and Argentina are the 2 hosts.

It appears it's going to be a lot better than I originally imagined, although I still have my doubts.

Just like in the old days, they will divide the 2 into Merconorte and Mercosur. Merconorte plays in Colombia and Mercosur in Argentina.

This means Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Brazil and Venezuela (Merconorte) make up 1 group, while Argentina, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay and Bolivia (Mercosur) make up the other. I think there will be 2 invited teams as well.

I don't mind this format for 1 Copa, but I hope we don't stick with this as the randomness of the group draw is what makes it fun.

Luckily there will be no annoying 6-8 hour flights so often between Bogota and Buenos Aires. We'll see how it fares in the knockout games.

This was really the only way to do it. 

If they are smart, which so often is NOT the case, they would invite Mexico and USA every frickin year. Great for viewership and competition. 

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Not really. US, Mexico, and Canada have done a joint bid, and I know Mexico and US could do the World Cup on their own without issues. Not sure about Canada...

I think Canada can do it, they have a couple grounds suited for it. However, if there need to be more grounds built im not sure they'll want to xD

The Women's World Cup in 2015 was good practice.

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

If they are smart, which so often is NOT the case, they would invite Mexico and USA every frickin year. Great for viewership and competition. 

I certainly hope those 2 are invited. Mexico at the very least has to go, if not the USA then some Central American team.

3 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

I think Canada can do it, they have a couple grounds suited for it. However, if there need to be more grounds built im not sure they'll want to xD

Canada doesn't seem to have the infacstructure requirements to do it alone, but they certainly COULD, but like you said, why would they want to? 

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Last year i heard they wanted to merge the Copa America and the Gold Cup, which would be a good idea to increase both viewership and revenue. 

1 hour ago, Eco said:

What's the time difference between the two? Would they even be on at a decent time?

7 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Last year i heard they wanted to merge the Copa America and the Gold Cup, which would be a good idea to increase both viewership and revenue. 

Copa said know even though the US Soccer Federation was throwing money at it. Idiots. 

5 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

What's the time difference between the two? Would they even be on at a decent time?

The farthest is probably LA and Atlanta, which is 4 hours. 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Copa said know even though the US Soccer Federation was throwing money at it. Idiots. 

Sorry. I meant between South America and Australia.

1 minute ago, ScoRoss said:

Sorry. I meant between South America and Australia.

I have zero idea on the time different between South America and Australia...

3 hours ago, Eco said:

They're pretty stupid, yeah.

3 hours ago, Eco said:

I have zero idea on the time different between South America and Australia...

Almost a whole day or a bit more between it and Argentina.

3 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Hence why it would be weird hosting the Copa America there.

I'm still not sure why you are talking about Australia, I don't think anyone has mentioned it...

EDIT: You mentioned them because they were also bidding. Apologies, that had me confused, and I agree,....THAT makes zero sense. 

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Copa America 2021 FINAL: Argentina 1 - 0 Brazil
  • This topic was locked, unlocked and pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived