The better place to talk football.

Copa America 2021 FINAL: Argentina 1 - 0 Brazil

football forum

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

lol 

I really hope Antony has a great season for Ajax and Raphinha for Leeds, because I´m not a huge fan of the idea of Gabriel Jesus being our starting right-winger.

You could tell he was remorseful. 

But that is incredibly horrendous. 

We're terrible offensively, apart from Neymar. On the other hand, our defence is really, really good. Most of our south american rivals can't score against us and this is why we've dominated south american football since 2016. 

46 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

The real nightmare is going from Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Romário, Ronaldinho to Richarlison. 😢

Richarlison is not bad, but yeah, he's got nothing on Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Romario and Ronaldinho. Neymar is up there though in terms of talent, but he could do with better forwards next to him instead of Richarlison as you mentioned or Jesus. Are there any forwards who you would prefer to play for Brazil instead of them?

47 minutes ago, Michael said:

Richarlison is not bad, but yeah, he's got nothing on Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Romario and Ronaldinho. Neymar is up there though in terms of talent, but he could do with better forwards next to him instead of Richarlison as you mentioned or Jesus. Are there any forwards who you would prefer to play for Brazil instead of them?

I think Tite should give more chances to other players, yes. 

On the right-wing, Raphinha and Antony should get a shot. 

On the left-wing, Matheus Cunha and Vinícius Jr.

The striker position is also up for grabs. At this point, I think Pedro and Gabigol should start over Firmino. 

56 minutes ago, Machado said:

Used to love him but Firmino seems a bit washed atm. Do you think he's starting games because of the name on the back of his shirt more than anything?

Yes. It´s ironic that when Firmino actually deserved a place in the starting XI, in 2018, he was a benchwarmer. Now that his form has fallen, he´s been given much more minutes. Tite is very slow too react. 

Part of it is that he´s too loyal and attached to players that performed well in the past.

2 hours ago, El Profesor said:

I think Tite should give more chances to other players, yes. 

On the right-wing, Raphinha and Antony should get a shot. 

On the left-wing, Matheus Cunha and Vinícius Jr.

The striker position is also up for grabs. At this point, I think Pedro and Gabigol should start over Firmino. 

That's interesting, do you think that Pedro will join a European club soon? I mean I know he had a spell at Fiorentina, but generally speaking his scoring record isn't great and he is already 24 years old.

Well Colombia have just knocked out Uruguay on penalties. Nice to see Colombia still going strong and Frankfurt's Rafael Santos Borre looks to be a firm fixture in the team.

36 minutes ago, Michael said:

That's interesting, do you think that Pedro will join a European club soon? I mean I know he had a spell at Fiorentina, but generally speaking his scoring record isn't great and he is already 24 years old.

Well Colombia have just knocked out Uruguay on penalties. Nice to see Colombia still going strong and Frankfurt's Rafael Santos Borre looks to be a firm fixture in the team.

Pedro is in my opinion the best natural striker Brazil has. We don't really have many options in this position though. 

Argentina 1-0. De Paul. Nice Messi assist.

This match between Argentina and Ecuador is getting ridiculous. Players are falling to the ground pretending they were hit or fouled to get the opposition player sent off. Both teams have done this, they should just get on and play football. Argentina are leading 1-0, but there's 20 minutes left, so anything can happen.

4 minutes ago, Michael said:

This match between Argentina and Ecuador is getting ridiculous. Players are falling to the ground pretending they were hit or fouled to get the opposition player sent off. Both teams have done this, they should just get on and play football. Argentina are leading 1-0, but there's 20 minutes left, so anything can happen.

This. Pretty hard to watch and enjoy. 

Would probably like to see this keep going on though as there isn't anything else on. 

Just now, Eco said:

This. Pretty hard to watch and enjoy. 

Would probably like to see this keep going on though as there isn't anything else on. 

Yeah, but you are in the States, where it's still reasonable o'clock, it's 3:44 in the UK. xD My sleeping routine is a bit messed up, but I think I will hit the sack when this is over.;)

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Yeah, but you are in the States, where it's still reasonable o'clock, it's 3:44 in the UK. xD My sleeping routine is a bit messed up, but I think I will hit the sack when this is over.;)

Yeah it's ony 10:45pm here so it's not too late. 

• The title was changed to Copa America 2021 FINAL: Argentina 1 - 0 Brazil
  • This topic was locked, unlocked and pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived