The better place to talk football.

Copa America 2021 FINAL: Argentina 1 - 0 Brazil

football forum

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, internationalsfan said:

There's no upside to losing to the bleeding Argentinian's dude 

You're talking to a Brazilian, I'm pretty sure he has more say that any of us on what is, and isn't a 'silver lining' for his country. 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

You're talking to a Brazilian, I'm pretty sure he has more say that any of us on what is, and isn't a 'silver lining' for his country. 

Americans not understanding a cultural in-joke between two other nations, I'm sure wars have been started over this problem. 

Just now, internationalsfan said:

Americans not understanding a cultural in-joke between two other nations, I'm sure wars have been started over this problem. 

Ha - name me a war that started over a poor joke xD

I'm trying to figure out why Brazil looks so off. Certainly someone in the midfield that could actually hold onto the ball would help, but they seem unable to really worry Argentina down the sides, and even in this second half, Ricarlison hasn't impressed. 

2 minutes ago, internationalsfan said:

There's no upside to losing to the bleeding Argentinian's dude 

I mean, the argies are super annoying. haha But Copa América is not that important for us. 

My fear is that we are not ready to face the better competition in the World Cup, especially the europeans, against whom we've struggled since 2006.

2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I mean, the argies are super annoying. haha But Copa América is not that important for us. 

My fear is that we are not ready to face the better competition in the World Cup, especially the europeans, against whom we've struggled since 2006.

I suppose it being played in a virtually empty stadium ain't helping matters in terms of interest. And yeah there does seem to be a growing gulf between South American and European team, honestly think it would be good for football for a non-European team to win in 2022

Another waste from Richarlson. 

Just now, internationalsfan said:

I suppose it being played in a virtually empty stadium ain't helping matters in terms of interest. And yeah there does seem to be a growing gulf between South American and European team, honestly think it would be good for football for a non-European team to win in 2022

Another waste from Richarlson. 

Yes and no though right. Colombia and Chile have done well recently, and Argentina probably gave France their hardest game in the last World Cup. Brazil hasn't lived up to their lofty standards though. 

I agree though, having a non-European team make a deep run in the WC would be good to see. 

• The title was changed to Copa America 2021 FINAL: Argentina 1 - 0 Brazil
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived