talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Europa League 2020/21 - Round of 16 (2nd Legs) - Thursday 18th March, 2021

Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

You wouldn't know unless you watch the Croatian league regularly.

I've seen him in Korea + saw every Zagreb game in the CL last year (from the groups anyways). So yes, I do know.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This performance from Orsic is one of the most impressive individual performances I´ve ever seen from a player at an european night. Not only because of the hat-trick, but also due to the circumstances of an incredible comeback and against a stronger team. 

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

This performance from Orsic is one of the most impressive individual performances I´ve ever seen from a player at an european night. Not only because of the hat-trick, but also due to the circumstances of an incredible comeback and against a stronger team. 

I'm just wondering why he's never played in a big league. He's 28 but I suspect there will be offers in the summer, based on this performance alone.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

He's 28 years old, Leipzig have a policy of only buying much younger players.

Orsic has Atalanta written all over him. They do a great job at getting the best of older players from Eastern Europe, such as Ilicic and Malinovskiy.

Just now, Machado said:

I'm just wondering why he's never played in a big league. He's 28 but I suspect there will be offers in the summer, based on this performance alone.

Judging from his early career appearances, he could very well have been a reject at the start of his career, who improved vast amounts overseas. He was magic in the K-League and has been a very good signing for Dinamo back in his native Croatia.

2 minutes ago, Machado said:

Seeing him tonight, I really want him at Atalanta next season. Definitely the kind of player who could reach the next level under Gasperini.

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

Orsic has Atalanta written all over him. They do a great job at getting the best of older players from Eastern Europe, such as Ilicic and Malinovskiy.

I wouldn't class Malinovskiy as an older player, he is 27 and he joined them when he was 25, but I get your point. They have plenty of other older players in their team as well as Ilicic.

On 16/12/2020 at 14:48, Cicero said:

You see, a big reason why I find conservative football unsustainable for top clubs is perfectly demonstrated by Spurs performance tonight. Bergwijn is essentially a wing back and Son is playing as a DM for the majority of the game. 

Is it successful? Of course, especially when the players buy into the "us vs them" mentality Mourinho implements. It's whether or not the players want to make a career out of it during their prime years. So its no surprise Mourinho has a track record of his sides downing tools 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived