talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Europa League 2020/21 - Round of 16 (2nd Legs) - Thursday 18th March, 2021

2 hours ago, Panna King said:

Tottenham are not a big team they are just famous which is different.  The mentality is all wrong at the club and some of the fans are easily pleased.

To be fair I think their fans call things out way before anyone in the media does as the media seems to be reluctant to really criticise anything about Tottenham.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
7 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I would say they shouldn't trouble a good English side but they beat Leicester who are above us. Man utd should be confident of beating them. I'd expect us to beat them but I wouldn't be overly confident if you get what I mean. 

Genuinely reckon if you draw them I'm putting some money on them. They're a decent side. I'm glad they won earlier - makes it look a bit better for us xD

• Administrator

Just seen the Roofe challenge on the Slavia keeper :o

What the fuck is he thinking?! Makes De Jong's famous challenge on Alonso look like a lighthearted tap. 

55 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just seen the Roofe challenge on the Slavia keeper :o

What the fuck is he thinking?! Makes De Jong's famous challenge on Alonso look like a lighthearted tap. 

Honestly, what the hell was he thinking there. Of course he may have had his eye on the ball but he will have known how dangerous leaving the boot up like that was. 

The injuries to the poor keepers face are a disgrace. 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Devil said:

Honestly, what the hell was he thinking there. Of course he may have had his eye on the ball but he will have known how dangerous leaving the boot up like that was. 

The injuries to the poor keepers face are a disgrace. 

Yeah, although very lucky it wasn't a couple of inches lower. Could have been blinded.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah, although very lucky it wasn't a couple of inches lower. Could have been blinded.

It always makes me laugh that saying, he was lucky it wasn't few inches lower. 

It's like saying he was lucky he wasn't going any faster otherwise he'd be dead!!! 

No, I'm sorry there is no luck involved in taking a size nine boot and studs to the forehead, I like your positive outlook on stuff @Stan but he 100% wasn't lucky in any way or form. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Devil said:

It always makes me laugh that saying, he was lucky it wasn't few inches lower. 

It's like saying he was lucky he wasn't going any faster otherwise he'd be dead!!! 

No, I'm sorry there is no luck involved in taking a size nine boot and studs to the forehead, I like your positive outlook on stuff @Stan but he 100% wasn't lucky in any way or form. 

Well obviously it's not lucky he got whacked in the head. That goes without saying.

But there is also an element of fortune it wasn't lower :what:.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Well obviously it's not lucky he got whacked in the head. That goes without saying.

But there is also an element of fortune it wasn't lower :what:.

We will agree to disagree.

I don't like taking a positive out of accidents or injuries, that shouldn't have happened and it amounted to neglect in the work place and should come with a lengthy ban. 

I bit like jumping two footed into a tackle, you know the potential is there to cause horrendous injuries even if you are attempting to get the ball. 

16 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Joe Hart with another blunder...

How on earth has he made that mistake?

That stinks of a guy that was promised cup fixtures and didn't like being dropped from the starting eleven.

Kane, Son, Bale, Moura, Bergwijn, Dele, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, N'Dombele, Lo Celso, Alderweireld.

These aren't bad players or average players (the first three being world class even if Bale has to be managed to coax it out) and should be doing much, much better than they are. It's not unreasonable to expect more from a squad containing these players. The myth that the squad is average is just the kind of confidence trick our washed up fraud of a manager is trying to gaslight the fans into thinking.

I mean, yes, they need to take responsibility too but the major fault lies with the manager. Had it been one or two games of this, then maybe he could have a case but we've had nearly four months of this. Every time we face an opponent who he interprets as posing any kind of danger, he seems to impart a terrified mentality into the players who are too afraid to try anything or impose themselves on the opponent, a team who just cower near their own area and hope for the best. Until it's far too late, of course, with the constant rallying in the last ten minutes when he knows he has a reputation to preserve. This and the games against teams he doesn't respect shows that our attacking play is our main strength and that the only way we are capable of winning is to play on the front foot because we simply don't have the defenders to play a "stifle the opponent and sneak a 1-0 win" game. Whenever Hojbjerg is even slightly off, which he very much is right now, teams can tear us open at will. It's obvious to everyone that we don't have the players to play this way, yet this narcissist persists with it because he's so enamored with how clever he thinks he is in "nullifying" the opponent. He believes his own hype and won't change even when he doesn't have the players to make his way work and it obviously isn't working at all.

We need to sign two defenders (maybe three) in the summer, definitely true, but quality managers play to their strengths and what they have. Mourinho doesn't. 

He needs to go.

13 hours ago, Michael said:

Yeah, it's sad that they got knocked out of the Europa League, but Rangers have already won the Scottish league haven't they. So I don't think the remaining league matches are of utmost importance to Rangers to be fair.

Not of the utmost importance mate, but I doubt very much that Gerrard will allow his team to slack off especially with the Celtic game coming up on Sunday....and also I believe he would take a bit of pride out of the fact that they could still be undefeated in the league.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Tar-Mairon said:

Kane, Son, Bale, Moura, Bergwijn, Dele, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, N'Dombele, Lo Celso, Alderweireld.

These aren't bad players or average players (the first three being world class even if Bale has to be managed to coax it out) and should be doing much, much better than they are. It's not unreasonable to expect more from a squad containing these players. The myth that the squad is average is just the kind of confidence trick our washed up fraud of a manager is trying to gaslight the fans into thinking.

I mean, yes, they need to take responsibility too but the major fault lies with the manager. Had it been one or two games of this, then maybe he could have a case but we've had nearly four months of this. Every time we face an opponent who he interprets as posing any kind of danger, he seems to impart a terrified mentality into the players who are too afraid to try anything or impose themselves on the opponent, a team who just cower near their own area and hope for the best. Until it's far too late, of course, with the constant rallying in the last ten minutes when he knows he has a reputation to preserve. This and the games against teams he doesn't respect shows that our attacking play is our main strength and that the only way we are capable of winning is to play on the front foot because we simply don't have the defenders to play a "stifle the opponent and sneak a 1-0 win" game. Whenever Hojbjerg is even slightly off, which he very much is right now, teams can tear us open at will. It's obvious to everyone that we don't have the players to play this way, yet this narcissist persists with it because he's so enamored with how clever he thinks he is in "nullifying" the opponent. He believes his own hype and won't change even when he doesn't have the players to make his way work and it obviously isn't working at all.

We need to sign two defenders (maybe three) in the summer, definitely true, but quality managers play to their strengths and what they have. Mourinho doesn't. 

He needs to go.

I’d argue that Moura is absolutely a bad player, I love Dele for what he did previously but he’s so far off it how, Hojbjerg regressing as the season goes on, looks like a statue, Ndombele quality quality footballer but no heart and can’t run. 

Kane, Son, Reguilon. Theyre the guys we can rely on. That’s it. 

However the rest of it i couldn’t agree more with. Been saying it since last season. And the longer he is at the club, the more damage he is doing

6 hours ago, shut up said:

So that's one semi final in the past 10 years? That's a shocking record for a so-called big league. English and Spanish teams make the final and semi finals almost every year.

You're aware the only way to participate successfully in a cup is by winning it?

That Kemar Roofe challenge is terrible, clearly by his reaction he didn't mean to hurt the goalkeeper....but how you can go studs up almost in a forward stamping motion for the ball and not think anything of it is just mental.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived