talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Europa League 2020/21 - Round of 16 (2nd Legs) - Thursday 18th March, 2021

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Job done, they had very little to offer tonight. 

We roll on, again don't care who we get in the next round but hope Arsenal get either Ajax to Roma. 

Can we please get a match thread next round at least??? 

Saw a bit of the man utd game. Utd looked solid. Felt like it would have to be a good bit of skill to beat them they weren't going to make a mistake 

4 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Ajax a very professional performance. Got a feeling Arsenal will get Villarreal with Emery incharge.

So have I actually. If they ajax who you gonna support. Bare in mind ajax dont need to win to get in the champions league  

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

Mourinho would be perfect for Benfica/Porto where he would be totally unchallenged at the top (apart from the Big 3) and could flirt with European football without embarrassment.

Jose's achievements should never be overlooked. He's probably in the elite bracket of best managers to ever be in the game but he's done now, not just because of this result but because he's been shit with Spurs from day one.

He deserves more respect than he gets for his career, but you do feel that the game has passed him by a little now. I was completely wrong about him earlier in the season, I still find it mad to think that Liverpool v Tottenham was billed as some title game. I think Levy quietly regrets it. The whole thing is a mistake.

The one thing I will say for Mourinho, despite his flaws, is that I think their squad gets overrated. Now not their attacking players, Kane is obviously brilliant, Son is quality, Bale isn't what he was but he's still enough of a threat.

But their individual defenders? Reguilon's the only one who'd get in our side. Don't rate any of their centre backs or right backs, Lloris isn't reliable either.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

He deserves more respect than he gets for his career, but you do feel that the game has passed him by a little now. I was completely wrong about him earlier in the season, I still find it mad to think that Liverpool v Tottenham was billed as some title game. I think Levy quietly regrets it. The whole thing is a mistake.

The one thing I will say for Mourinho, despite his flaws, is that I think their squad gets overrated. Now not their attacking players, Kane is obviously brilliant, Son is quality, Bale isn't what he was but he's still enough of a threat.

But their individual defenders? Reguilon's the only one who'd get in our side. Don't rate any of their centre backs or right backs, Lloris isn't reliable either.

People see Spurs as massive because they have a nice ground and a documentary on Netflix. They haven't got any trophies to show for their status and I totally agree that bar the likes of Kane, Son and (arguably) Bale they are pretty average. 

Never been a fan of Lloris. 

Just now, Whiskey said:

People see Spurs as massive because they have a nice ground and a documentary on Netflix. They haven't got any trophies to show for their status and I totally agree that bar the likes of Kane, Son and (arguably) Bale they are pretty average. 

Never been a fan of Lloris. 

Tottenham are not a big team they are just famous which is different.  The mentality is all wrong at the club and some of the fans are easily pleased.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Rangers have a 2nd player sent off and Slavia Prague score a 2nd goal. It looks like it's the end of the road for Rangers in the Europa League this season.

Sad day. At least we can focus on the league now.

1 minute ago, Rab said:

Sad day. At least we can focus on the league now.

Yeah, it's sad that they got knocked out of the Europa League, but Rangers have already won the Scottish league haven't they. So I don't think the remaining league matches are of utmost importance to Rangers to be fair.

4 minutes ago, Mpache said:

How good are Slavia Prague? I haven't seen them yet but knocked out Leicester and a decent Rangers side. I'd be keen on learning.

I would say they shouldn't trouble a good English side but they beat Leicester who are above us. Man utd should be confident of beating them. I'd expect us to beat them but I wouldn't be overly confident if you get what I mean. 

23 minutes ago, shut up said:

Why don't we ever see any Bundesliga teams in the latter stages of the Europa league? I don't think ive ever seen one in the semi final or final

Have you forgotten Frankfurt in the semi-final only a couple of years ago? They only lost in the semi-finals to eventual winners Chelsea on penalties.

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Mpache said:

How good are Slavia Prague? I haven't seen them yet but knocked out Leicester and a decent Rangers side. I'd be keen on learning.

Decent, very organised. Shouldn't be underestimated.

• Administrator
Just now, Michael said:

Yep, they are a very decent side and they could yet shock a few more teams.

I reckon clubs like Villarreal, Ajax, Man Utd will get by them. But then don't want to fall in to the trap of underestimating them xD

Hope they go far! 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I reckon clubs like Villarreal, Ajax, Man Utd will get by them. But then don't want to fall in to the trap of underestimating them xD

Hope they go far! 

Yeah, I hope they go further in the Europa League. It's refreshing seeing clubs like them doing well. :91_thumbsup:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived